cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus aura and Samsung magician causing instable system and errors

MrDeve
Level 7
Hello every one.

Last week i build myself a new gaming pc and unfortunatly i cant get some problems solved and i was hoping you can advise me or give some solutions.

When I start up windows it takes like 1 or 2 m inutes before my LAN gets a connection, after that i get a note from samsung Magican that WNMI service could not start and if I want to proceed.

I deleted Aura and the problems where solved and I had a clean fast startup :).. except my lights in my case are in rainbow color and not as i programmed them :(...

Also in device manager there are 2 "errors" from drivers that are not installed
PCI memory controller
SM Bus controller
i cant figure out what these are, this might be the solution?

Is there anyone else having these issues?

My setup:

Asus maximus hero x
i7 8700k
Asus strix 1080 ti OC 11 gb
g.skill 16 gb ram @3200 mhz
Kraken nzxt x62 watercooling
Samsung evo 960 m.2 NVME 500 GB
Samsung evo 850 500GB
Hue+ from nzxt + 2 fans

And i use WINDOWS 7 <---- 🙂

I hope i can get some tips and tricks, thanks in advance 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

MrDeve
Level 7
is there no one with a solution for this problem?

Menthol
Level 14
For your driver issue install Intel Chipset driver
For software issue, well there will always be software issues, why do you need Magician? Uninstall it unless you need to clone a disk or update firmware
Time to update to Win 10 or continue with software issues worse than if you don't

MrDeve
Level 7
Hello All,

Since a month of 3 i have a new build with asus rog maximus hero x.
Unfortunatlly i am not satishfied with this board at all. I have another post where i tell my system is not stable ( cam, asus and samsung software causing errors and slow startups )

Today i turned on my pc and out of the blue i am getting a CPU fan speed error detected message press f1 to run setup!
Everywhere I see comments about disabling monitor but I want a fix!! I bought the " best board" "best Equipment" but my 7 year old pc is more stable and perfoming faster.. please someone help me fixing this.

NOTE: everything worked fine for months,, so cables etc are all fine.. the only thing i have done is taking out the power cable because there was a lightning outside and I thought it would be saver to take out the power supply cable.

My pc and all my hardware is 2 to 3 months old.

Asus rog maximus hero x
i7 8700k
Asus rog gtx1080 ti
NZXT kraken watercooler
NZXT hue+ & fans
Evo 960 m2 500gb
SSD evo 860 500gb
gskill 16 gb ram ( rgb )

BUMP 😕 great forum 🙂 Lots of helpfull people..

Hello

People might be able to be more helpful if it was known what is connected to the CPU fan header.

xeromist
MrDeve,

I merged your two threads. I suspect the reason the original one did not get a follow up is because Menthol replied to you and you did not reply. The second thread you started was in the Service Inquiries section which is for people who have an existing RMA. Other users are not allowed to post there.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…