cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GL752VW can't play game

Heisenberg9
Level 7
hello everybody, i have a newbie question. I have an ASUS GL752VW with GTX 960m.
HDD Toshiba mq01abd100.
Ram : 1. Samsung 4gb ddr4 2400mhz pc19200.
2. Teamgroup 8gb ddr4 2400mhz pc19200.

I always crash after or in the middle of the game DOTA 2. Same happen with PUBG game. I tried other games (Steam and non-steam) the results are same, sometimes it freezes and need to be force close. I always update the nvidia driver. What could be wrong? it kinda frustrating me. maybe someone can advice me a little help that would be awesome. Thanks before!

Best Regards.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Heisenberg9

Did you upgrade your ram ?

I see they are two different sticks, I'd try taking out the 4GB stick and see how it runs.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Heisenberg9

I see they are two different sticks, I'd try taking out the 4GB stick and see how it runs.

when first time i bought it the asus people ask if i want to upgrade it to 12gigs because they only have the 4gigs. So i said yes but apparently the brand are different. Thanks for advice I'll try it out with only the 8 gigs!

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Heisenberg9

just another question. for my motherboard, is it better with 2133mhz or 2400mhz is fine?

Nate152
Set the ram to 2400MHz, let us know how testing goes after removing the 4GB of ram.

Nate152 wrote:
Set the ram to 2400MHz, let us know how testing goes after removing the 4GB of ram.

hey where can i set the ram speed? i already update the bios to latest version but when i enter bios there is no extreme tweak tab. and there are no option to change the ram speed. i just update the bios through the easy flash tab in bios but still nothing change. I haven't tried removing the 4gigs stick because i'm trying to set the ram speed first, can you help me? sorry for the newbie question