Power Supply750w
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Rog Delta C
    Mouse Pad Rog Balteus
    OS Win 10 1809
    Accessory #1 Aura Terminal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Sorry, unless you have the COD Edition, you'll have to exchange for a new one or RMA.
    You mean that is a hardware issue and can not be fixed by software update at all?

New ROGer Array

Post EXchange

Sorry, unless you have the COD Edition, you'll have to exchange for a new one or RMA.
    already sent it back... hope they give me a new one since i did nothing wrong to it
    will the firmware update fix the issue?

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al3xG View Post
    You mean that is a hardware issue and can not be fixed by software update at all?
    It is not hardware, but users will not be able to rectify the issue with a firmware update.

New ROGer Array

Similar issue i think

I received a ROG Strix Flare and a Pugio mouse for Christmas, it looks and feels awesome.

I plugged them in and they worked great.

I followed the instructions they came with, installed the latest version of Armoury II

Then i used the 'live update' function in Armoury, it told me firmware updates were available for the Flare and the Pugio.

So, I let the Live Update do its thing, after a long while it gave me an error along the lines of 'Keyboard Firmware update failed'

Super disappointingly - the Flare is now a brick. Undetectable on any machine.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to rollback the firmware or manually apply anything to the keyboard. Even if there was, no computer will detect it is even plugged in.

Hope someone can tell me different, as i'm facing 3 to 4 week wait for a replacement if i ship it back to the supplier.

New ROGer Array

Angry Sad

Quote Originally Posted by TerritoryPro View Post
    I received a ROG Strix Flare and a Pugio mouse for Christmas, it looks and feels awesome.

I followed the instructions they came with, installed the latest version of Armoury II

Then i used the 'live update' function in Armoury, it told me firmware updates were available for the Flare and the Pugio.

So, I let the Live Update do its thing, after a long while it gave me an error along the lines of 'Keyboard Firmware update failed'

As far as I can tell, there is no way to rollback the firmware or manually apply anything to the keyboard. Even if there was, no computer will detect it is even plugged in.

Hope someone can tell me different, as i'm facing 3 to 4 week wait for a replacement if i ship it back to the supplier.
    my flare failed too... not by firmware update tho but by pressing the light button when windows was loading... MASTERC@ASUS says the firmware update on the new keyboard should fix the issue but looks like the update can also cause the same issue...really asus? what am i gonna do when the new one arrives? im worried that if i try to update the firmware it might get bricked again

ROG Enthusiast Array Al3xG PC Specs
    Al3xG PC Specs
    MotherboardB360-F Gaming
    Processori7-8700
    Graphics Card #1Strix 2080 O8G
    Monitor27UK650 4k
    Power Supply750w
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Rog Delta C
    Mouse Pad Rog Balteus
    OS Win 10 1809

It is not hardware, but users will not be able to rectify the issue with a firmware update.
    So i don't understand. My Flare has the latest version 0.00.35. Is it still vulnerable to light button issue while not in windows? Explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by TerritoryPro View Post

We will investigate to see how updating the firmware could brick the Flare (COD version should not have this issue at all). I assume you downloaded the latest version of Armoury II (3.00.14) and tried to update the firmware to 0.00.35? I think it's the first time I've heard of it being bricked this way, usually the firmware reverts to the original version if not updated successfully.

If you have tried the keyboard on multiple systems with both USB cables connected and it won't detect at all, it's faster to exchange it for a new one from your place of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by kasra_darktroll View Post
    my flare failed too... not by firmware update tho but by pressing the light button when windows was loading... MASTERC@ASUS says the firmware update on the new keyboard should fix the issue but looks like the update can also cause the same issue...really asus? what am i gonna do when the new one arrives? im worried that if i try to update the firmware it might get bricked again
    Quote Originally Posted by Al3xG View Post
    So i don't understand. My Flare has the latest version 0.00.35. Is it still vulnerable to light button issue while not in windows? Explain please.
    As mentioned previously, whether you have updated the firmware or not - please only use the lighting button while in the Windows environment. The new firmware will not allow the Flare to be bricked, however, your settings may be reset (COD version is not affected). Do you have firmware 0.00.35 already or are you worried about upgrading to it?

ROG Enthusiast Array Al3xG PC Specs
    Al3xG PC Specs
    MotherboardB360-F Gaming
    Processori7-8700
    Graphics Card #1Strix 2080 O8G
    Monitor27UK650 4k
    Power Supply750w
    Keyboard Strix Flare
    Mouse Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Rog Delta C
    Mouse Pad Rog Balteus
    OS Win 10 1809

As mentioned previously, whether you have updated the firmware or not - please only use the lighting button while in the Windows environment. The new firmware will not allow the Flare to be bricked, however, your settings may be reset (COD version is not affected). Do you have firmware 0.00.35 already or are you worried about upgrading to it?
    I have version 0.00.35 already. "The new firmware will not allow the Flare to be bricked" i wanted to hear it that the keyboard can not be bricked on this version. Because when PC is in soft off and usb power delivered to Flare the backlit can be lighted up on it. My children can accidentally push this button that is why im worry about it. MasterC is it issue affects Flare when PC is in OFF state or it just has a dangerous window between Bios And Windows10 loading?
    Thanks.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast