Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    We will investigate to see how updating the firmware could brick the Flare (COD version should not have this issue at all). I assume you downloaded the latest version of Armoury II (3.00.14) and tried to update the firmware to 0.00.35? I think it's the first time I've heard of it being bricked this way, usually the firmware reverts to the original version if not updated successfully.

If you have tried the keyboard on multiple systems with both USB cables connected and it won't detect at all, it's faster to exchange it for a new one from your place of purchase.
    Thanks MasterC, I am arranging a replacement with the retailer. I hope you find the cause of these issues. What is different about the COD version that makes it invulnerable ?

I don't think i'll by applying any update to my replacement, in fact if i'm updating any ASUS software i'll be unplugging the keyboard in preparation. I'd rather go without some additional features and have a reliable KB that works.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerritoryPro View Post
    Thanks MasterC, I am arranging a replacement with the retailer. I hope you find the cause of these issues. What is different about the COD version that makes it invulnerable ?

I don't think i'll by applying any update to my replacement, in fact if i'm updating any ASUS software i'll be unplugging the keyboard in preparation. I'd rather go without some additional features and have a reliable KB that works.
    It is best to update in order to avoid any more issues, I think you just got unlucky. As far as I know, no other cases have been reported. I use a Flare daily and found it hard to brick actually (window of opportunity is very small), now that I have the latest firmware update, there's no concern for the bricking issue.

As soon as we learned that some people wish to use the brightness button while not in Windows, the COD version has been updated to accommodate.
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 01-09-2019 at 08:45 AM.

ROG Member Array blind1337nedm PC Specs
    blind1337nedm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Precision M4500
    MotherboardMSI 990fxaGD-65
    Processorfx-8370
    Memory (part number)Mix
    Graphics Card #11050ti(4gb)
    Graphics Card #2750ti(1gb)
    Sound Cardasus Xonar DG
    Storage #1SSD
    Storage #2HDD
    CPU CoolerDeepcool Captain 240
    CaseCorsair Spec 02
    Power SupplyEVGA 500 W
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Utechsmart Venus
    Mouse Pad Woven
    Headset/Speakers LOGITECH Z506
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Joystick
    Accessory #2 Throttle Quadrant
    Accessory #3 Xk-24 keypad

Hello I'm not sure if its related but my keyboard and armoury stops working when i add more than 3 effects (just static) and now i cant open armoury anymore- it freezes and keeps reconnecting the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by blind1337nedm View Post
    Hello I'm not sure if its related but my keyboard and armoury stops working when i add more than 3 effects (just static) and now i cant open armoury anymore- it freezes and keeps reconnecting the keyboard.
    Tried the latest version (3.00.16)?
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ny-issues-here
    For any Armoury II issues, please report in that thread. Thanks.

blind1337nedm PC Specs
    Processorfx-8370
    Memory (part number)Mix
    Sound Cardasus Xonar DG
    Storage #1SSD
    Storage #2HDD
    CaseCorsair Spec 02
    Power SupplyEVGA 500 W
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Utechsmart Venus
    Mouse Pad Woven
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Joystick

Everything is latest version- thanks, posted there instead

blind1337nedm PC Specs
    Processorfx-8370
    Memory (part number)Mix
    Sound Cardasus Xonar DG
    Storage #1SSD
    Storage #2HDD
    CaseCorsair Spec 02
    Power SupplyEVGA 500 W
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Utechsmart Venus
    Mouse Pad Woven
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Joystick

hey can you check that forum out that you directed me too please.

New ROGer Array

Angry wtf

so i just called and they told me they dont have a replacement to send and if i want my money back they will cut 30 % of it and send the rest...i worked with the keyboard for 4 days... 4 days only...the problem was not caused by me and i have to pay for it? this was the last time i bought any asus products

New ROGer Array

sorry if i'm in the wrong thread, if so, could someone direct me to it, my problem is with my strix flare, it seems to automatically presses the Ctrl button after I typed a word, and it is now unusable due to the problem, is there a solution for it? already tried disabling the sticky keys feature on windows, but problem still not fixed. just bought it last December 2018, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by kasra_darktroll View Post
    so i just called and they told me they dont have a replacement to send and if i want my money back they will cut 30 % of it and send the rest...i worked with the keyboard for 4 days... 4 days only...the problem was not caused by me and i have to pay for it? this was the last time i bought any asus products
    Why do you need a replacement? If you bricked it, service people can rectify the issue.
    Can you please create a thread in the service-related inquiries section if you do actually have a broken keyboard? Dedicated people here can help you.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?295

Quote Originally Posted by beklogbuster View Post
    sorry if i'm in the wrong thread, if so, could someone direct me to it, my problem is with my strix flare, it seems to automatically presses the Ctrl button after I typed a word, and it is now unusable due to the problem, is there a solution for it? already tried disabling the sticky keys feature on windows, but problem still not fixed. just bought it last December 2018, thank you very much
    This will need to be in a different thread since it is unrelated. This will be deleted once you read it. I suggest to factory reset the keyboard - FN+Esc. You can find out how to use other Flare functions here:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...OG-Strix-Flare

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast