cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Flare stopped working - [PLEASE READ TO AVOID]

Inphecthyuz
Level 7
Hello guys i buy a rog strix flare keyboard and it works pretty well... At moment to install Armoury II software the keyboard turn all leds off and i choose restart my pc, when it log into windows the system could not detect the keyboard anymore.

Hope you can help me reviving this keyboard (use was 3 min) and it dead...
103 REPLIES 103

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Changed USB ports?
Both USB connectors inserted?
Removed and reinstalled Armoury II?

Hessu
Level 7
I recently bough the rog strix flare gaming keyboard and when i got it, it worked a day and then when i turned my pc on the next morning, the lights didn't go on and any of the keys don't respond. The pc detects the keyboard but it says the keyboard doesn't work the right way. I have tried all of the USB ports and Uninstalling rog armoury and a lot of other stuff. I don't want to send the keyboard to the shop again because it would take 4-6 weeks for me to get a new keyboard so help please.

Same for me,sent it to the shop,hope it works well when it arrives.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We have found the cause of this issue and a software fix is coming very soon. Sorry about the trouble guys.

Until then, for anyone else who has a Flare, before you update the firmware:
1. Make sure to unsync the Flare in Aura software (not turn off Aura lighting) by clicking on the link icon under the keyboard so it turns red.
2. Close Aura software.
3. Run Live Update in Armoury.

Ya but i didnt even have Aura installed and it happened so,not sure if its the same issue

rickz98 wrote:
Ya but i didnt even have Aura installed and it happened so,not sure if its the same issue

We will check for any other causes before releasing the next update. If you can think of anything that triggered your issue, please let us know.

Hi Inphecthyuz, did you have Aura installed and peripherals synced at the time?

MasterC@ROG wrote:
We will check for any other causes before releasing the next update. If you can think of anything that triggered your issue, please let us know.

Hi Inphecthyuz, did you have Aura installed and peripherals synced at the time?

Hello, I bought an asus rog strix flare keyboard and connected it to the computer. An update request was made through the armory create application, and after the update was completed the keyboard went off and no longer works. When I connect it to the computer, it is not detected

Hessu
Level 7
Now i remember how and when my keyboard "broke". I synced my keyboard and mouse lighting and then i pressed the button on my keyboard that changes the brightness of the lights and then it just went black.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hessu wrote:
Now i remember how and when my keyboard "broke". I synced my keyboard and mouse lighting and then i pressed the button on my keyboard that changes the brightness of the lights and then it just went black.

Which mouse are you using? I couldn't replicate this.
Please also let us know which firmware you were on for each the Flare and the mouse.

However, we have discovered that after rebooting, excessive presses on the brightness button does indeed cause an issue on the Flare. Please refrain from doing so. The new firmware will address this issue, but once you are faced with this issue, RMA is required in order to update.