Threaded View

ROG Enthusiast Array bfollowell PC Specs
    bfollowell PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16D-16GTZB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 OC edition 8GB 11Gbps ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS
    Sound CardSound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q & ASUS VW246H
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Storage #2Western Digital Black Series 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X61
    CaseCorsair 750D
    Power SupplyEVGA 750 G3
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G​51 Surroun​d Sound 5.​1 Speaker ​System
    OS Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Network RouterLinksys WRT3200ACM

How to setup in Legacy Boot Mode?

I've been having constant problems with my Sound BlasterX AE-5 soundcard not being consistently recognized at boot. It seems it is extremely similar to the issue that the older Sound Blaster Z cards had several years ago where they were not recognized on many, but not all, UEFI systems. The fix was to disable UEFI and boot in Legacy mode with CSM enabled. It sounds as if I'm going to need to delve into this myself, if I want to fix my sound card issues and not have to restart my computer four times every single time I boot from a shut-down state.

My main boot drive is a Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB SSD, that is currently setup as GPT. I believe I need to convert it to MBR, then set my Maximus IX Hero up in Legacy Mode and reinstall Windows 10. I'm not sure, but I think Secure Boot has to be turned off.

Is anyone willing to point me to any online resources that may help me in this endeavor?

Thanks.