cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the run around with a tech support enquiry

dale77
Level 7
Hi there,

my experience with Asus support on my Motherboard ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING motherboard has been very bad. I asked what I thought was a reasonably simple technical question, but my request was simply closed by the agent. My follow-up complaint regarding the handling of that request seems to be stuck at "let us know how we did" after being referred to Asus Global support.

Honestly, I have been very surprized that a company as reputable as Asus has a support arm this bad. I presume I have just been unlucky with the particular route my requests travelled down?

Can you assist?

Dale
10 REPLIES 10

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Perhaps it might help if you posted what your question was?

😉
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Perhaps it might help if you posted what your question was?

😉

I'm not after a answer to my question here, I understand this sub-forum is for help "getting support from Asus" . Also, if this avenue fails, I will probably reconsider buying Asus in the future... yes the support experience was that bad.

dale77 wrote:
I'm not after a answer to my question here, I understand this sub-forum is for help "getting support from Asus" . Also, if this avenue fails, I will probably reconsider buying Asus in the future... yes the support experience was that bad.

Ok, well if you were that forthcoming with the support ticket it's no wonder you didn't get help! lol
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

dale77 wrote:

Try Dell support ... you'll come running back to Asus

Bill
Level 7
Hello dale77
Can you provide more information on your inquiry?
What's your original question and the answer our support provided?
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello dale77
Thank you

The conversation went as follows. My original inquiry included additional detailed technical system information (product serial number etc) as required by the support form, which does not appear alongside my question. Following this exchange, I submitted a service complaint case, which received the same treatment as below.

dale77 wrote:

I have been successfully running this system using stock 2133MHz memory profile for some months now. I would like to use the XMP profile to run the memory at the rated 3200MHz. The system is using default normal BIOS settings with no overclock.

I went in to bios and chose D.O.C.P profile instead of AUTO for RAM, and it appeared to choose the correct timings for the RAM. However, after saving the BIOS and rebooting, Windows would not start. I had to return to AUTO memory profile to return to a bootable system.

Are there other steps other than just choosing D.O.C.P for RAM that I need to take to run my system at the rated RAM speed?

"support" wrote:

It's our pleasure to help you solve your problem.
If you still have any technical issue,please feel free to contact Asus technical support team at https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/MailStatus.
Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Asus Technical Support Team

dale77 wrote:

Hi, did I miss your response? What was it?

"support" wrote:

Hello Dale,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.

My name is and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I am sorry that our previous reply did not resolve your issue, please allow me to assist further in addressing the issue.

Could you please complete the ASUS Customer Feedback Form, so Global Support Team, can further investigate your case.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Center

dale77 wrote:

I am a bit confused here, as I provided detailed information as to what my issue was, in the form https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/?lang=en-NZ , which does not appear to be anywhere on this case.

Secondly, I cannot see any reply from Asus in any form that addresses my question. It *appears* that my original inquiry was simply closed with zero response from Asus.

Finally, it appears you may be requesting me to fill in another form to restate my question?

Before I do that, can you confirm that you have lost my original question and have no idea what my problem is?

"support" wrote:

If you still have any technical issue,please feel free to contact Asus technical support team at https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/MailStatus.
Thank you.
Kind Regards,

dale77 wrote:

Hi,

I discovered I can see my request, minus technical info on this mail page. I just had to click on one of the headings to expand the note. This was not obvious in my Firefox browser.

However, I can't see any response to my question yet. Here it is again, with some extra info.

Hi,

I have been successfully running this system (ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING, Ryzen 5 1600, Bios Version 3803 ) using stock 2133MHz memory profile for some months now. I would like to use the XMP profile to run the memory (G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZR) at the rated 3200MHz. The system is using default normal BIOS settings with no overclock.

I went in to bios and chose D.O.C.P profile instead of AUTO for RAM, and it appeared to choose the correct timings for the RAM. However, after saving the BIOS and rebooting, Windows would not start. I had to return to AUTO memory profile to return to a bootable system.

Are there other steps other than just choosing D.O.C.P for RAM that I need to take to run my system at the rated RAM speed?

Thanks!

"support" wrote:

Thank you.
Kind Regards,

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello dale77
Thank you

Hi Bill, anything to report after my feedback?

Nothing eh?

xeromist
*****Just a reminder to all: The service inquiry section is not a discussion area. Please do not post here unless you are the OP with an RMA or an ASUS representative. Thank you.*****
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…