cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Issue

f00j00
Level 7
Hi,

I just bought the Maximus X Code and i'm really having a rough time with its SupremeFX sound...

I'm using Optical (Toslink) and i'm trying to use the SupremeFX application along with that, so after installing the latest driver, I have 2 options in Windows Sound CP:

1. Realtek Digital Output
2. Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (Disabled by default)

For me to enable the Speakers, I have to open the SupremeFX app, click on Options and choose Connector Settings: AC97 Front Panel

If I choose HD Audio Front Panel, then Speakers in windows CP is disabled.

Now If I choose Option 1, I get sound through my AVR

but then in the SupremeFX I have 2 Options:

1. Speakers (has tons of options, such as configuring my speakers setup (5.1, 7.1 etc)
2. Digital Output (literally has zero configurations)

So now I can set to default device to Speakers but there is no sound from that, sound only comes out if I set to 1. Realtek Digital Output but then no options to configure...

Anyone has any ideas?

Using Windows 10 1709 fully updated, tried the Asus newest drivers & older ones as well ass Realtek newest ones...no sound will come out if I set default device to Speakers...
2 REPLIES 2

Carbonicdk
Level 8
As I understand it optical and Windows 10 + Realtek can be a tough cookie to crack. There's many threads out there, including this big one https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/unlocked-realtek-hd-audio-drivers-windows-7-8-10-with-dol...

f00j00
Level 7
Does anyone has any suggestions? Is that even a normal behavior or could it be a defected motherboard?