cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centurion - Central channel not working

Xpd_1
Level 7
My central channel is not giving any output on sound tests and SL is barely making any sound.
These are my settings http://prntscr.com/irwg2y
Using latest firmware.

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

mikev190
Level 9
You will need to RMA.

I had the same issue but it was the rear left and side channels for me.

The new H9 revision has a new mic so worth it for that as well

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Xpd_1 wrote:
My central channel is not giving any output on sound tests and SL is barely making any sound.
These are my settings http://prntscr.com/irwg2y
Using latest firmware.

Thanks in advance

If you have already checked the following steps, then please RMA:
* Insert both USB connectors into the PC or laptop.
* Make sure the HDMI connector from the headset is connected properly into the Audio Station.
* Make sure none of the discrete channels are muted or turned down too low ( looks fine from the picture).
* Check sound for each channel by checking the Speaker Setup under Playback Devices.
*Try the beta firmware:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95885-Beta-FW-testing-for-Centurion-7-1/page4#post702780

MY Centurions are H9 serial number. I can get all the channels to work and also use the Peace EQ APO. Installed the ASUS software and latest beta whatnot, configured 7.1 in windows working fine. In game, all channels firing AOK.

Everything is fine that is, until I come back to the PC the next day and in the windows 10 surround speaker settings, when I now test the 7.1 speaker config with all speakers checked, only the front left and right speakers emit sound.

Am I missing something?

TIA

quattroboy wrote:
MY Centurions are H9 serial number. I can get all the channels to work and also use the Peace EQ APO. Installed the ASUS software and latest beta whatnot, configured 7.1 in windows working fine. In game, all channels firing AOK.

Everything is fine that is, until I come back to the PC the next day and in the windows 10 surround speaker settings, when I now test the 7.1 speaker config with all speakers checked, only the front left and right speakers emit sound.

Am I missing something?

TIA

Is the light on the 7.1 button on? Might have pressed it by accident.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

This is really weird. Yes, the 7.1 light is on. I am seeing all channels working within Sonic Studio, when I play a game or even watch youtube or listen to music, whilst in the Windows 10 7.1 setup screen, I only hear sounds from the main Left and Right !

I have reinstalled everything. Very odd.

Hoping you can figure it out.

Thanks,

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
First test if the issue lies in the headset itself by connecting it to other PCs/laptops. If verified okay, try uninstalling Peace EQ APO and reinstall Centurion software again.

The Centurion is PnP, so it should work straight away on any PC. If it doesn't, please RMA.