Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus X Hero overclock issue

Js4uuu
Level 7
Hi guys,

I'm new to OC and I followed the guide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUtA7DKXhU&lc=z22uxtkqxsyafbge2acdp43as1rvip42y11lghejfrtw03c010c.1...
I'm able to archived 5Ghz@1.37V LLC 5 stable in Prime26.6 and Realbench 8 hours stress test, but I'm having problem when I try to cold boot my pc. It will always stuck on ROG splash screen until I press the reset button and it will boot(warm boot).
I found the temporary solution which is enable the CPU SVID support but it rises my vcore by a lot.
Is there any other solution for this issue?

Spec:
8700K delided
Maximus X hero
16gb 3200mhz RAM
Samsung 960 evo 250gb
750W gold psu

Thanks in advance.
15 REPLIES 15

Menthol
Level 14
Use adaptive voltage, which requires SVID to be enabled

Menthol wrote:
Use adaptive voltage, which requires SVID to be enabled

If I use adaptive mode instead of manual, my voltage should set to 1.37 too?

Menthol
Level 14
Yes, set SVID Behavior to Best Case Scenario, SVID to Auto or Enabled, LLC 5 or 6 and enter the same voltage that works in manual mode in Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage, Offset Voltage Auto, this should get you real close

Menthol wrote:
Yes, set SVID Behavior to Best Case Scenario, SVID to Auto or Enabled, LLC 5 or 6 and enter the same voltage that works in manual mode in Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage, Offset Voltage Auto, this should get you real close

Ok, I will try it and see how it goes. Thanks for the help 😉

Js4uuu wrote:
Ok, I will try it and see how it goes. Thanks for the help 😉

did you get a chance to try it? how did it all go?

Menthol wrote:

I have exactly the same problem as OP, i did every step from that video, ended up with 4,8ghz 1,22v LLC6, did exactly what you said here, cold boot is fixed but vcore is much higher then it should be, it goes as high as 1,48v, it's exactly the same as i would enable svid support alone.

Any other suggestions?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
double post
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
If using adaptive you may need to use a negative offset to get closer to the desired voltage, as it is not possible to set a value lower than the minimum VID for a given ratio.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090