cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think Game ISP in Rapture GT-AC5300 is causing issues in FF14 and WoW

D_Luniz
Level 7
When I am in groups, I start having constant packet loss in FF14 and in WoW, but since WoW shows ping, it will show Local at 53, but World as steadily increasing, but both games the game play is the same, a unending series of hangs.

Ive tried turning Game ISP off, and it has gone away, but I cant see what in it could be the cause as none of the logs showed anything abnormal
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
What is "Game ISP"?

If it's ROG GameFirst then you can disable or uninstall it. It's only useful if you're splitting your network bandwidth across multiple apps (say, playing one or more windowed games, streaming music, and updating/uploading/downloading or P2P filesharing in background) - it's just useless bloat (which consumes resources and impacts performance) if the only thing you're doing on your network while you game is playing your (one) game.

If you're referring to congestion on the game ISPs - the actual game servers - then there's nothing ASUS (or your hardware/software configuration) can do about it. The network performance bottlenecks are on the Square Enix or Blizzard servers. Pick a different server or play some other game, if you can. Submit a bug report, complaint, or other user feedback if it makes your gaming consistently unplayable.

You can run netstat to monitor your active network connections, performances, and pings.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

sry, I ment Game IPS

Korth
Level 14
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "Game ISP" or "Game IPS" in this context.

You've tried turning it off "and it has gone away" ... can you post a screenshot to show what this means?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

MarshallR
Level 10
Wired or wireless?
Is the QoS set to gaming, traditional or bandwidth limited? Set it to Gaming.
Only in those two games? If they have specific ports you could add them into the port forwarding config to make sure they always pass-through.