cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z270G Audio drivers just won't install. (Audio_6.0.1.8273_20171225.zip)

scgt1
Level 8
Just reloaded my computer and for some reason the newest audio drivers for the z270G just hang. A cmd prompt window opens and another small install box. The small install box goes away but the cmd prompt window stays open and never changes.

Please wait while installing drivers. Do not turn off or unplug the computer power during installation.......
4 REPLIES 4

scgt1
Level 8
So I assume no one else has issues installing the audio software. Guess I'll give it another go and watch paint dry to no end.

scgt1
Level 8
Well apparently Asus can't write their own installer. Asusetup leads to nothing. I finally got the audio drivers installed just running the setup file without any issues.

I bought the maximums ix extreme and no sound, installed toe driver that came on the usb. tried installing the newest driver and well nothing happens Im setting here forever, how long should it take to install the driver ? I Tried the ASUS setup and the other setup, seams like it hanges

Terepin
Level 8
Audio drivers aren't motherboard specific. All the MB support pages link to the same package. You can safely use newer version from here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/01AUDIO/Realtek_Audio_Driver_V6.0.1.8382_0412.zip