Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Maximus Formula versus PUMP/Fans

r4dz1k
Level 7
Hi there guys,
Just a quick one,
I have installed x62 Pump 3pin to 4 pin CPU FAN (as manuals says) but not sure if i conencted fans properly - i have installed them on CPU OPT header is that ok my friends?
Im asking because sometimes i can hear some higher RPM's for 1-2seconds when using internet or games but not alweays and then they back to normal rp..?

Regards
Rad
7 REPLIES 7

stainlineho
Level 7
r4dz1k wrote:
Hi there guys,
Just a quick one,
I have installed x62 Pump 3pin to 4 pin CPU FAN (as manuals says) but not sure if i conencted fans properly - i have installed them on CPU OPT header is that ok my friends?
Im asking because sometimes i can hear some higher RPM's for 1-2seconds when using internet or games but not alweays and then they back to normal rp..?

Regards
Rad

Pump goes into AIO_PUMP
Fan goes into CPU_FAN
2nd fan goes into CPU_OPT

You may need to do some tuning to get the RPMs where you want them...

stainlineho wrote:
Pump goes into AIO_PUMP
Fan goes into CPU_FAN
2nd fan goes into CPU_OPT

You may need to do some tuning to get the RPMs where you want them...

Bro thats what i wanted to do but i wanted to RPM my self in the NZXT software
Connecting toi AIO will run full auto all the time....

No, attach the X62 fans to the pump splitter. Make sure one of the fans goes to the single 4 pin connector. The second fan can go on any of the remaining three "3 pin" connectors. Connect the X62 pump connector to CPU_FAN. It can go anywhere and power is not supplied to the Kraken over this wire, so its main function is to prevent the CPU boot error you get when nothing is on CPU fan. Power to the unit will come from the SATA connection.

The X62 lead can go anywhere, but you need something on CPU Fan to boot. The AIO header or W_Pump header is more useful for units that do not have their own fan controller or if you wish to control those fans from the motherboard directly. Additionally, the CPU fan and OPT headers have limited other use as case fan headers and CPU temp is going to be the only available control variable. You should be able to re purpose the AIO header to act like a normal CHA Fan header, if you need it for one of your other fans.

I have atached the X62 fans to the pump splitter and both fans are connectod to CPU OPT and pump is connected to the cpu fan. .
I dont want to attach pump to AIO Header because it will run 100%.
Is that correct

Raja
Level 13
1) The CPU_OPT header is slaved to the CPU fan header. You should not run dissimilar devices on these headers as they will be controlled in unison.

2) The AIO header can be configured for control. It only runs at full speed by default as a precautionary measure for AIO pumps that don't start up at low speeds.

Menthol
Level 14
The AIO header and High AMP header are tied together, they can be controlled manually through the H.A. Header

I think all solved now.
I have change the PWM to DC in Bios and works fine now.
Thanks guys