cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCCIO setting and XMP profile.

Der_Kommandant
Level 7
If this doesn't pertains to here, feel free to move it to a more apropiate place.

Noticed something weird on my X Hero when dealing with my OC voltages. Configured my memory via XMP profile without MCE enabled and noticed that doesn't matter what voltage I put on VCCIO it's stuck at 1.20V (Instructed on UEFI 1.17v but on HWINFO shows 1.20V) next thing that would check is to fire my DMM and measure it at test points (BTW: ¿Where are located?).

Read that sometimes XMP profiles instruct other voltages besides Mem volts, could be VCCIO one of those?

Mainboard is Maximus X Hero (non Wi-Fi).
UEFI is 1003.
My memory is G.Skill F4-3200C14 2x8Gb (output of Typhoon burner next).

I tried clearing CMOS but no luck. Only I could try is to manually configure memory freqs and timings and check if this allows me to modify VCCIO value.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

Raja
Level 13
Might be worth posting screenshots of UEFI so we can see how you're setting VCCIO.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Might be worth posting screenshots of UEFI so we can see how you're setting VCCIO.

Sure!

Actually VCCIO is setup like this on UEFI:

Volts are set to 1.18750V (on the left it shows 1.224V sorry for being blocked by mouse).

Booted into Windows and from HWiNFO shows like this:

Instead of 1.18750 it goes up to 1.216V. Peaked at 1.224V (same value as showed on UEFI).

Memory is configured without the use of XMP profile and volts still drift by a nice margin. Besides XMP what other options could interfere with this setting?

Setup is quite usual (so nothing exotic here):
Maximus X Hero w/1003 ver.
8700K @50x 1.28v, 8-46x for uncore.
G.Skill 3200Mhz C14 2x8Gb DIMMS.

TIA

Raja
Level 13
Some disparity in the reading is normal. The SIO has some variance and the sensing isn't taken close to the last exit point for the rail. What happens if you set 1.15V?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Some disparity in the reading is normal. The SIO has some variance and the sensing isn't taken close to the last exit point for the rail. What happens if you set 1.15V?

Set VCCIO to 1.15 and now it shows 1.176 with a peak on 1.184V.

Raja
Level 13
Yeah, this is normal. Would not worry about it. It's largely due to where the voltage is sensed from, plus there will be some offset due to the resolution of the SIO.

Der_Kommandant
Level 7
Thanks for the answer Raja!

Since this offset may puzzle to people, mind tightening the indicated values and their real ones on next UEFI releases?