cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why MultiCore Enhacement ( ASUS ) on Asus is not stable? WHEA-LOGGER 19 warnings.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hello. Its ridicilous. I bought 8700K processor and motherboard by Asus Z370 Pro Gaming and having random very rarely WHEA-LOGGER 19 ( cache hierarchy error ) warnings in event log.
It can happen every 2-3 months. I am monitoring event logs.
First time it happened on 21 january 2018. Then all ok. And next Whea-Logger 19 happened yesterday ( 16.03.2018 ).
All warnings was when system was idle , on desktop. On full high load no warnings. So its completely random.I dont have BSODS or crashes but i read that this is stability warnings issues.

Screen from yesterday:

My pc:

8700K ( MCE --> 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard, and all auto voltages )

2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON enabled

Corsair 750i

Gtx 1080 Ti Aorus Gigabyte

SSD Crucial 525GB MX300

HDD TOSHIBA 500GB

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 215

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. The newest build.

So if this is problematic ( MCE ) why Asus is releasing motherboards with that feature which proceed at most to general instability?!
I am thinking to sell this because i dont really want to mess in bios because MCE is not stable , i think is too much work to rma .
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
When enabling XMP, the system should ask you if you want to enable MCE, it's optional. Much like with XMP you should stress the memory to check for instability.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Ok so revert uefi to stock settings, then turn on xmp again and then turn off manually MCE from Auto? ANd this should stop WHEA?

MCE is turning on automatically during enabling XMP.

lpiotrowski211 wrote:
Ok so revert uefi to stock settings, then turn on xmp again and then turn off manually MCE from Auto? ANd this should stop WHEA?

Assuming that's the problem, yes.