cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

claymore: Armoury or aura, one or the other? Does this include the ROG flare?

merger
Level 7
Got the claymore yesterday, I'm being told if I use aura with Motherboard, gpu etc... I can't use Armoury or if I use Armoury I can't use Aura sync.

What am I doing wrong with this $300.00+ keyboard or did I buy a fancy light setup?

Is this issue with Tog flare as well?

How is the flare? Quality etc... does it give Corsair k95 a run for it's money?
6 REPLIES 6

namoi
Level 8
Welcome aboard.
Saddly yes Armoury and Aura aren't compatible.

How could it be?

I am still wondering and absolutely now reviews spoke of that issue which is indeed almost false marketing when you claim a device is Aura sync with omitting the fact that if you do so you will lose all the extra features you paid a premium for.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can use both Armoury and Aura, but not at the same time.

If you have ROG peripherals, all you need is Armoury. No need to have a separate app to control the lighting.
If you want to sync the lighting with ROG PC components, then use Aura to sync the lighting and Armoury for all other settings.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
You can use both Armoury and Aura, but not at the same time.

If you have ROG peripherals, all you need is Armoury. No need to have a separate app to control the lighting.
If you want to sync the lighting with ROG PC components, then use Aura to sync the lighting and Armoury for all other settings.
Ok. But will the special claymore shortcuts work while the keyb is synced via aura?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
namoi wrote:
Ok. But will the special claymore shortcuts work while the keyb is synced via aura?

Sure, define your macros/shortcuts in Armoury, save, and then customize the lighting in Aura.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Sure, define your macros/shortcuts in Armoury, save, and then customize the lighting in Aura.
Thanks but i mean the special key like fan up/ down, boot to bios, oc... Would these keys also works?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
namoi wrote:
Thanks but i mean the special key like fan up/ down, boot to bios, oc... Would these keys also works?

The S5 mode functions will only work when the Claymore is connected via the KeyBot USB port on the motherboard. S5 modes are helpful when tweaking your system, after that is all set, move the connector to another USB port to configure your peripheral settings and then lighting.

System tweaking/overclocking (KeyBot port) --> Armoury: configure peripherals (change to another USB port) --> Aura: customize lighting