cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix raid dlx

Vlada011
Level 10
People, I have Sound Blaster ZxR sound card but I would like to try ASUS Xonar Essence STX II or Strix RAID DLX.
Who used both of this sound cards and what could tell me.
If I need to choose I would rather Strix RAID DLX, but I can't say because I didn't tried them.

I mean I have ASUS motherboard and Sound Card would be nice.
I recognize difference between mid range and high range sound card don't even to talk about onboard even on low quality 5.1 systems even on Youtube where you hear 2 speakers. Simply I recognize difference and I'm aware that difference would be even better on some 500$ worth 2+1 speaker system.
Max I plan to use is 5.1 not over that. But sound from 2+1 for same money is better quality than 5.1 for same price because you can buy better front and center speakers than whole 5.1 for same price.

I mean Front Left-Right+Central. In some cases with good speakers Subwoofer is not so necessary.
It's better but not necessary.
Both Strix and Xonar are awailable for arround 150-160 euro to me.

4 REPLIES 4

Vlada011
Level 10
No one to answer???
Damn, I could add only 20 euro of my money to switch from SBZXR to RAID DLX?

Vlada011
Level 10
Bump, NO ONE? WHAT?

That's bad, I could sell SBZxR and add only 20 euro to switch on brand new ASUS RAID DLX.
But I don't know what to expect.
I would like to know ASUS Impression between Xonar STX II sound quality and RAID DLX.

spycounter
Level 7
i don't recommend this raid strix dlx to anyone, software full of bug, sounds cutting issue still exist, and for my 5.1 setup the sub doesn't output any sounds (no FlexBass or crossover frequency)

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you connected the molex 6-pin connector from your PSU?
Tried different PCIe slots?
When do you experience sound cutting?
Can you clarify about the bugs?

The subwoofer channel doesn't output anything if the content you're play doesn't output to it.
Try the videos below, these are properly-tuned Dolby 5.1 content - the 0.1 channel is unmistakable. For Chrome, you need to download the video first to get 5.1.
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_amaze.mp4
https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-atmos_leaf.mp4

FlexBass and crossover functions forces you to have 5.0 (5 channels) instead of true 5.1 (6 channels).