cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about my coming build MaxiE-Z

mcestacio
Level 7
Hi All,

In the next 2 days, I'll be setting up the below. Just to check your experience on this board, can anyone confirm the following? The below are my soon to be specs. 🙂

-Asus maxi extreme z @ I7/2600k slightly OC this 4k-4.3k unless theres a need for speed.
-Toppings with Noctua NH-D14 / Noctua thermal paste
-2x evga gtx 570 hd SC / slightly OC this to 840-850 with 1.025v
-1x nvidia gt 240 as dedicated physx
-1x Fatality sound card
-16gig Gskill RazorZ 9cl
-2x SSD OCZ Max IOPS 120gb
-850w Seasonic psu
-Silverstone RV03 (Raven 3)
-1x Samsung S23A950D 3d monitor

Does the Maxi ExtremeZ sound is really mediocre? I only read bad news about the sound quality of this board thats why I want to add up a fatality card in the shopping list. Just wondering whether its worth the extra external and just use the extra fund to save up for another 570 hd. Anyone knows a link to clarify this?

As for my card setup;
-lets number all red slots from top to bottom 1-4, please help me out on this, I know I'm suppose to do the test my own but I'm just too excited on this.

Setup1 (from the manual it says pci will run at 8x), no dedicated physx.
1-gtx570hd
a-space occupied by 1
2-blank
3-gtx570hd
4-space occupied by 3
b-sound card

Setup2 (from the manual it says pci will run at 8x), with dedicated physx.
1-gtx570hd
a-space occupied by 1
2-gt 240
3-gtx570hd
4-space occupied by 3
b-sound card

Setup3 (with nf200 enabled the two gtx570 will run at 16x while the gt 240 will run at 8x)
1-gt240 dedicated physx *8x i think.
a-sound card.
2-gtx570hd
3-space occupied by 2
4-gtx570hd
b-space occupied by 4
2 REPLIES 2

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello and welcome.

As to the sound I am quite happy with my on-board sound with the MIVE board. But sound is a matter of personal preference. Maybe some folks can hear the difference I can not.

As to layout there is no one way that is perfect, there is only the way that works for you. As simple as that.

Not sure you will be able to get 16x + 16x for SLI regardless where you put your cards. I would strongly suggest that you populate your PCIe #1 Slot with your primary card. Could just be I am old fashioned. 🙂 Like I said see what works for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks for the reply, you're right, there's only one way to find out. I'll post the numbers of slot setups 1-3 as soon as the rig is established. Also, turns out that 850w psu is not enough for this setup that is if I decided to run the cpu on 4600k and slight OC on the two gpu. Back to the old drawing board. 🙂

HiVizMan wrote:
Hello and welcome.

As to the sound I am quite happy with my on-board sound with the MIVE board. But sound is a matter of personal preference. Maybe some folks can hear the difference I can not.

As to layout there is no one way that is perfect, there is only the way that works for you. As simple as that.

Not sure you will be able to get 16x + 16x for SLI regardless where you put your cards. I would strongly suggest that you populate your PCIe #1 Slot with your primary card. Could just be I am old fashioned. 🙂 Like I said see what works for you.