cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Charger disconnects while gaming (really need help)

k1l3rl0op
Level 7
Dear all,

I will explain to you in details what has happened and when. I am really looking forward for an advice since I love this laptop but I have NO idea what to do.

So it all started when I updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version 2 months ago. I had 0 (zero) problems before that. I was playing games all day long (or when I had the time to) without any issues. So I updated my drivers and the following thing started happening:

When I play a game which is a bit more requiring (even not that much for that matter) my charger starts disconnecting. What do I mean? Well the battery mode starts switching from PLUGGED IN to DISCONNECTED. When I unplug the cable from the PC entrance (charging jack) IT IS EXTREMELY HOT!
I gave the laptop to a place where they kept it for almost 2 months monitoring it, they changed the power supply and kept on monitoring it but were unable to find the problem.

I got the laptop back just recently, turned it on and guess what - starts doing it again.

I did update all laptop drivers, reinstalled Win - clean install WIN 10.
They never gave me an explanation on what the problem is or how it can be fixed, this is why I am turning to all of you in here.

As long as there is a process that requires a bit more power from the laptop or maybe something with the graphic card (GTX 980) it starts switching from Plugged in to Battery usage. I went through internet and still was unable to find anything.

Please fellow laptop users, help me out here, I am really REALLY confused.

Thank you!
0 REPLIES 0