cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Screen Bezel..separating near the hinge

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.... is the Bezel SERIOUSLY stuck on with cheap.. GLUE..?

.. are you KIDDING me? It's separating near the hinge as of a month ago, but getting worse, due to opening and closing 2-3 times a DAY.

Why is the G752 such a flop..
13 REPLIES 13

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Left hinge is now also loose. The entire screen shifts back and forth, the right hinge is sturdy.

Anyone know how to remove the bezel to fix it? Looks like it's glued on, but I don't want to pry it and break something on accident.

I was gonna mention same thing, ı got the same thing. I mean ıt looks like it is missed off glued.And strangely only that part is heating on the laptop right on biggy asus label script.And its like there is something always wrong when clicking "backspace" button.I take it off and mend it but it is again clicking like something cracks under it.Sorry asus you failed to impress me...
ASUS G752 VS - GAMES THE WITCHER 1-2 GTA 5 SOMA

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Awergamer wrote:
I was gonna mention same thing, ı got the same thing. I mean ıt looks like it is missed off glued.And strangely only that part is heating on the laptop right on biggy asus label script.And its like there is something always wrong when clicking "backspace" button.I take it off and mend it but it is again clicking like something cracks under it.Sorry asus you failed to impress me...

The keyboard is garbage, nearly every key grinds or clicks, place your finger on any key and rub it up and down, you'll hear it. They should've kept with the G750 quality, or got Steel series or something..

But yeah, the screen bezel's separating, and the IPS glow seems to be getting worse.. here I thought the brushed aluminium would give it more sturdy and rigid shape.

The heat you feel is where the screen ribbon meets the panel. There's most likely lots of circuitry there.

Still, anyone know how to remove bezel for repair?

haihane
Level 13
Can I have a look how it separated ?

P.s.: have you checked ifixit site on your laptop model's teardowns ?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Difficult to shoot I'll try later..

Darnassus
Status Under Review

Spirery1
Level 7
Ouch that’s bad RMA good luck with that lol nightmare is all I can say*

haihane
Level 13
ouch.

if it's still covered by warranty, i agree with spireryl1, send it to RMA.

if it's not... do you know how to use a glue gun?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Spirery1
Level 7
I wouldnt just RMA it see if u have any warranty left.