cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intense Coil whine after using GPUTweak2

AallonKylteri
Level 7
Hey guys!

Just got my new computer and it was working perfectly fine. So I went and downloaded Asus' GPU Tweak 2 to try some of my card's (Asus 1070ti Cerberus) overclocking potential. Just after testing the Tweak's OC Mode I tried few of my games and noticed immediately the coil whine that was non existent before downloading the software. The whine persists in almost every game and I'm quite baffled to see the drastic difference GPU Tweak made. I also tried removing the software and applying stock clocks and the whine still persists. I've read that almost all cards have coil whine but to see such a difference just by testing a mild overclock by the company's own software is weird. I've checked and it's definitely the GPU that is making the sound, not the PSU (Corsair TX 750M). The card has pretty nice OC right now, +160 core clock and memory +450 and I'm super happy with the performance it offers. Is there any way to get it back to silent how it used to be and what could be the causes coil whine suddenly appeared?
0 REPLIES 0