Did you mean: 

Some weird Problems with Temp Sensors and Fan Speeds

Sunwalker1337
Level 7
Hey guys and ladys!

First:

Sorry for my bad English, i am from Germany. 🙂

My problem is:

Ive buy the C6H with an 1800x 6 weeks ago. But i have some unspecific problems with my rig.

I have 2 Waterpumps on ChaFan 2 and 3, one is for the CPU and for my GPU.
Sometimes one of them speed up and goes near 100% and stand there, sometimes the Pump shuts Down and wont speed up if the CPU heat increase. I have severval Temp-Shutdowns because of it. -.-

Sometimes the other Pump shut off and my GPU reaches 90°C and more, till shutdown.

Sometimes the Sensors are show Both Pumps @ 0rpm, but they still running but stuck at a fix speed.

The Pumps are in the Q-Fan set @ CPU, ive tried to set one @ CPU and one @ another sensor. But no difference.

The other Problem is, sometimes the CPU, Mobo and a few other sensors tell me, that the Temps are @ -79°C and -109°C.

If this happens, the thermal shutdown doenst work.

After a restart everything seems to be well, but after sometimes a few minutes or a few hours, the problems, sometimes all of them, sometimes just a few or only one come back.

At this moment, my CPU Pump runs @ 100%. nearly 20 minutes after restart. Before the restart, one Pump stands randomly on 0% and the cpu reaches 90°C -.-

Ive read the Sensors with AIDA64 and HWINFO. (Both are up to date)

In the Fan-Setting ive set it to silent.

What ive tried:

Clear CMOS
Flash Bios to 6001
Rollback to 3502
Plug the Pumps on other Ports
Manual Fan profiles
Run @ Optimized Defaults

Edit 19.03.18 3 pm CET:

After rollback to Bios 3502, the problem look a bit different.

After 20-30 minutes Runtime (mostly Idle), the CPU, CPU Socket, Mobo, and some other Sensors of the C6H Temp Stucks @ 25 & 26°C.
And now one of the Pumps, cant be read but is still running.

2nd Edit 19.03.18 5 pm CET:

Ive Plug One Pump in the CPU-Fan port. Since 95 mins, no Tempfails, but 60 minutes after start, BOTH pumps are raised to 60% rpm.
Ive run the q-fan tuning and it sets both to 38%. ^^

The Other Sensors like those inside the CPU or Graphic are Okay. -.-

At this moment, i have load the 3502 Bios and run everything in Stocksettings after CMOS reset (Battery out for 10 minutes).

Just the Fanprofiles, Slow Boot Disabled, Fullscreen Logo off and AHCI -> Raid ist different to the Defaults.

3rd Edit 19.03.18 9 pm CET:

After 2 Hours GTA V, the CPU says in AIDA64 -20°C and in HWINFO it is gone, it shows no CPU Temp @ the ITE IT8665E, AMD Ryzen Enhanced Sensors are work... but both Pumps are Still running. At their minimum RPM, but they run. ^^

4th Edit 20.03.18 - 6:25 pm CET:

The CPU Pump shuts down while i was a half hour Away. The PC Freezed because of Temp-Shutdown. -.-

5th Edit 20.03.18 8 PM CET

Ive plug both pumps on to a manual Fan-controller. Now the board can show arctic and temps of the pluto how much it want. But it will get an RMA. Or someone of you guys, can help. ^^

Thanks for reading and for your help!

Ps: Ive take some screenshots of it.
9 REPLIES 9

Sunwalker1337
Level 7
Well... After a Mobo Change to another C6H, the probs seems to be still there.

Okay, not exactly the same as the First Crosshair, but theyre there.

CPU Temp Stucked sometimes and Fans Speedup or Shuts down...

All of the Bugs of the first and now my Second Crosshair comes from the fu**** ITE IT8665E Chip. -.-

I Think, after 14 years of ASUS its time for another experience.

Clouseau
Level 7
Sure the case is not a plane? 35,000 rpm...that thing is flying.

Unfortunately it may be "rock" solid, but it is not heat felt in a positive manner.

Hehe, nope, its not flying, but i wish it could. Over the years and with the Watercooling its gonna be fat ^^ And i am not the youngest... Every LAN Party is a complete Workout. 😄

The Problems are not so weird with the 2nd C6H as the first, the Temps are only false @ the CPU. They Stuck from time to time @ 27 or 36 or something else. The Pumps are randomly speed up to 100% and stuck there.

I think its a generally problem with the C6H and its Sensorchip. ^^

God damnit AIDA64!

After recording both screens and a lookup at the event display in Windows ive finally found out what happens.

Aida64 Causes the problems, i dont know exactly how, but it seems that it want to get some data from the EC Chip of the C6H.

And everytime this happens the Event Displays log it as a fault becuase ther are no datas to recieve.

After it the Temps are wrong or my Pumps/Fans speed up/shut down or stuck...

I think some other Software like Afterburner, Hardwaremonitor do the Same. Since i use HWINFO insteed, the bugs are gone!

Probably its a bug with some Windows settings combined with AIDA, idk. But my Board works and i am Happy!

I hope, i can help someone with the same problems. 🙂

Lightbringer
Level 7
Hi Sunwalker1337,

good to hear your problem has been solved.
Unfortunately, you are not alone with these weird temps and fan behaviour on ASUS mainboards.

You can have a look HERE and HERE.

In my case, any monitoring program will cause crashes or temps/fan issues, except for Afterburner. So i stopped using them all.

But honestly, ASUS needs to fix this, because it only occurs on their (newer) boards.

VRBabe81
Level 7
So using hwinfo64 is fine? This is bloody ridiculous especially for a premium board too. I had major problems with my cpu aio on bios 1501 my pc froze and wouldn't turn off from the case button then I could see smoke. Turns out my cpu aio hose was red hot to the touch. H100i v2 but when going back to 1403 bios no problems.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbringer
Level 7
Hi VRBabe81,

for me, using HWinfo64 causes crashes and weird sensor information and fan behaviour.
The only software that doesn't cause issues for me is Afterburner.
As i am led to believe, it has to do with the software requesting information from the sensors on the board an therefore putting stress to it. Every board of the newer ASUS series seems to have these problems but no board acts and reacts quite the same as the other.

So it comes down to finding the software that works for you and your hardware and stick with only that software.

Lightbringer wrote:
Hi VRBabe81,

for me, using HWinfo64 causes crashes and weird sensor information and fan behaviour.
The only software that doesn't cause issues for me is Afterburner.
As i am led to believe, it has to do with the software requesting information from the sensors on the board an therefore putting stress to it. Every board of the newer ASUS series seems to have these problems but no board acts and reacts quite the same as the other.

So it comes down to finding the software that works for you and your hardware and stick with only that software.
Yeah I'll be keeping an eye on my built pc as I'm too scared to leave it on when I'm not in the room. This is my first asus board and my first aio build too. I'm going to do more tests with 1403 bios to make sure it's stable and safe when I'm in vr. Has anyone else had serious problems with 1501 bios?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KEyBAD
Level 7
With BIOS version 6003 problem is exist still.

CPU Fan randomly goes to 100%. But this time sensor telling me they @ 600-700 rpm like default idle CPU (yes, numbers actually changes like all is OK, but it's not).

P.S.: yes AIDA64 keeps bugging sensors, but this way we can see the problem.