cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New R6E build.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Thought hard about this one and at least I’ve posted in the the right place . ( so there’s a good start ! )
Had my m8e running for a couple of years now but could not resist the urge to build another, so here’s how it’s going ( lots of changes as I’ve gone on from original plan but the bank balance will put a stop to me if the wife doesn’t get there first,,lol)
case. * * * * * *Corsair obsidian 900D
*Mobo. * *Rampage Vi extreme*
CPU. * * *Intel i9 7980 xe. * * * *Delidded Lm. * * Full cpu / vrm Wb + Lm
GPU. * * *NVIDIA Titan V. * *Full cover WB +Lm*
Mem. * * *GSkill rgb 3600 hzs ( 8x8 ) 64 gb.
Storage. * Optane 900p 280gb *nvme pcie3.
Storage. * *Samsung Evo 960 nvme m2 ssd on riser 250gb.
Storage. * * Seagate 2TB hdd,
*PSU. * * *Be Quiet dark power pro 11 850 watt 80+Titanium
Cooling. * EKwb full loop D5 pump, 420 rad triple 140 fans, triple front fans 140mm 1 rear fan 140mm, * * Ordering second 420 rad and pump to have dual loop( gpu, cpu separate).
72431*

*I thought things would get lost in there but it’s starting to fill up, mounted pump/res low to allow room above for second one, went for soft tubing and clear fluid but having second thoughts , perhaps blood red and hard tube ( would match my wine glass lol)
Anyway taking my time with it and triple checking everything,
It will be really interesting to see how gpu and cpu perform having delided cpu and Lm on both wb’s.
Will update as I go.*
18 REPLIES 18

Nate152
Hi Rob

SPECtacular build !

I see you're going after the lowest possible temps by using liquid metal on the cpu and gpu and two 420 rads on each loop, this will make for superb overclocking of your cpu provided you got a decent one.

With the way GPU Boost 3.0 works it can be your friend or enemy, the Titan V will benefit greatly from liquid cooling as GPU Boost 3.0 will throttle the gpu based on temp and if the power target is met. Temp shouldn't be an issue and this will help keep the highest sustained clock speeds, overclock it to the fullest with GPU Tweak II.

I'm looking forward to some gaming performance when you get it completed. 🙂

Rob_W_
Level 12
Yeh, not to keen on them both sharing one loop, I Was intwo minds about doing the shunt mod on the Titan, very nearly did it whilst stripped down but decided to see how she runs first with Lm, fingers crossed on the cpu, had it up and running before delid 4ghz it benched at app65 deg at 4.6ghz it shot up to 104deg hence separate loops, should make all the difference.
Will keep you updated as it goes Nate,
Must have too much free time on my hands haha.*

Rob_W_
Level 12
Too many wires!!!
Three fans up top whitch have gone to a three way splitter * * *So that’s one fan connector
Three fans below. “” * * *“”. * “”. * * * * * * * *“”. * * * * * * * * “”. * * * * * *Second fan connector
Three fans front * * * * “. * * * “. * * *“. * * “. *“ * * “”. * *“ * * * *“. * * * * * Third connector
One fan rear. * * * * * * * * “. * * * * * * *“. * * * * * * “. * * * * * “. * * * * * * * Fourth connector
*first set rgb Pwm
Second set dc Pwm
Third set dc*
Fourth *dc
Two pump connectors*
Two rgb connectors*
Next problem predictive txt aarrrgh! ,
So trying to figure out connections ??*

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Single loop will be fine for one CPU and one GPU...especially with that RAD real estate...doubt you'd see a difference with dedicated loop for each...

Especially with two d5s in serial...redundancy and high flow...

You can soon fill up connectors on these boards...it's true...

Menthol
Level 14
Very nice Rob, I had a dual loop once but my experience it was just not necessary, with enough rad space and strong pump a single loop is fine but a dual loop system looks good
I see Corsair fans, are they the ML fans? Corsair ML fans have become my choice for airflow and noise output, although not cheap they are some of the best fans available
Which fan splitter's are you using? 4 pin PWN with rpm control on only one fan? no more than 3 fans per fan header depending on fan used (less than 1 amp load) per header, leave about 30% headroom or no more than .7 amp per header to be safe as motors draw more amperage during start up than they do running at full speed
I have no recommendation for fluids except distilled water as some of them can really gunk up your blocks and restrict flow, install a drain port at lowest point in loop is a good idea
Quick disconnects are very helpful but don't add to good looks
Looking forward to seeing your progress and completion
Titan V for Direct X Ray Tracing :), single card 4K:), love it

Rob_W_
Level 12
Been busy ! But managed to get a bit more done,
Second rad arrived and I thought what the heck? Let’s go for it , didn’t realise how much I’d have to strip out to get it in though.
Had to re position pumps to get both in and tubing connected ( will definitely swap for hard tubing later ) I think it looks messy as is but could not bend tighter without it crimping it yuk! Just waiting for drain taps then can fill it.
@Menthol went for the Corsair LL140 triple up top ( they were same price as ML’s ) and used three Vardar 140’s on bottom rad, and yeh lots of connections to work out ( ampage wise )***
*72663**
Also will reverse rear fan as input and remove middle drive bay for clearer airflow , not long now till I fire her up..*

Rob_W_
Level 12
Problem with fan connections
*For cpu cooling water loop.
*I have one rad with 3 Corsair LL140 Pwm rgb fans 0.30amp per fan which I was hoping to connect to a 3 way splitter, so total draw = 0.90amp + start up draw, this would put it over the 1amp limit for the fan header ?
For Gpu cooling water loop.
My rad has 3 EKwb Vardar furious 140 fans rated 9.07 Watts each, i was hoping to use a three way splitter on these as well.
Case fans x 4 are all standard Corsair 140’s presumably connect these to the case fan connectors?
It’s how to / where to connect the others too so they will operate with the pumps correctly and not overload the headers ?
**I have looked at this for so long I’ve gone brain dead lol, I can’t help feeling I’m just missing something?*
Can anyone help thanks.*

Rob W. wrote:
Problem with fan connections
*For cpu cooling water loop.
*I have one rad with 3 Corsair LL140 Pwm rgb fans 0.30amp per fan which I was hoping to connect to a 3 way splitter, so total draw = 0.90amp + start up draw, this would put it over the 1amp limit for the fan header ?
For Gpu cooling water loop.
My rad has 3 EKwb Vardar furious 140 fans rated 9.07 Watts each, i was hoping to use a three way splitter on these as well.
Case fans x 4 are all standard Corsair 140’s presumably connect these to the case fan connectors?
It’s how to / where to connect the others too so they will operate with the pumps correctly and not overload the headers ?
**I have looked at this for so long I’ve gone brain dead lol, I can’t help feeling I’m just missing something?*
Can anyone help thanks.*

CPU Loop: Two fans (via splitter) on CPU_FAN, third fan on CPU_OPT (it's slaved to CPU_FAN).
GPU Loop: The three Vardar fans on a POWERED (molex or SATA) splitter. That will keep them synced. Any Chassis fan or high amp fan slot
Case Fans: Usually you can gang up to three fans on a header without any problem, it all depends on how they are tapping for the lights. Try to keep your fans grouped to one header per zone (front, back, top etc) to make fan tuning with the ASUS software easier. Didn't notice if your pumps are pwm controlled, but there is headers for that as well (if necessary).

Menthol
Level 14
When I had a case with front bays I used a good manual fan controller, gives you instant and almost infinite control of fans
I started using thick wall flex tubing, less kinking at bends.

If it starts to get overwhelming take a break to clear your head