cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just void my warranty trying to open my laptop?

Ninja-Lombax
Level 7
I was trying to open my laptop case and used a pry tool I saw in this video. However, I was unable to open it and generated some somewhat deep scratches and case wear while trying to open it. Did I void my warranty? I wasn't even able to get into my laptop.

Here is a photo:

3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Maybe, depends on who it is that takes it in. If you are going to open one up while its still under warranty you dont want to leave tracks. Did the video or tutorial you watch not say to use plastic tools?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Maybe, depends on who it is that takes it in. If you are going to open one up while its still under warranty you dont want to leave tracks. Did the video or tutorial you watch not say to use plastic tools?

Justin, but then what should be used to assist? In most videos I watched peoples use mediators/credit cards or smth like.
And ASUS techsupport says that removing of bottom panel itself doesn't void warranty. Or I miss smth?

FastM
Level 8
So just a crazy question, but in the pic I still see a screw holding the case closed. You sure you removed them all?

It doesn’t make sense your having that much trouble. It’s true the first time you open it is the most difficult but not impossible..*