Why ASUS toke out that support?
7 REPLIES 7

Carbonicdk
Level 8
Supply and demand would be my guess.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

If the ROG_EXT connector is is a priority one should choose the motherboard with that in mind.

carlos_quittner
Level 7
I have a rog front base panel about 3 years, and now i will have to sell it.

Enviado desde mi F8331 mediante Tapatalk

The ROG Front Base will still work with the Z370 boards with limited functionality through USB. It will show the time, CPU frequency, CPU fan speed, CPU temperature and MB temperature. To use it, you'll need to attach an ASUS USB Q-Connector block or an internal USB extension cable to the USB side of the ROG_EXT cable coming from the ROG Front Base and attach it to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard.

Note, it does not seem to work with the latest AI Suite. You'll need to uninstall AI Suite and reinstall the ROG Front Base driver. It does work with the AI Suite from the Z270 boards.

rrgrimm wrote:
The ROG Front Base will still work with the Z370 boards with limited functionality through USB. It will show the time, CPU frequency, CPU fan speed, CPU temperature and MB temperature. To use it, you'll need to attach an ASUS USB Q-Connector block or an internal USB extension cable to the USB side of the ROG_EXT cable coming from the ROG Front Base and attach it to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard.

Note, it does not seem to work with the latest AI Suite. You'll need to uninstall AI Suite and reinstall the ROG Front Base driver. It does work with the AI Suite from the Z270 boards.

Many thanks my friend, It works like a charm, even with the latest AI Suite. Seems that overclocking profile doesn't work, but I never used that.

Thanks again.

rrgrimm wrote:

Hello,
i try this but my cables from Rog Front Base does not fit in to USB 2.0 header 😞
I try both of them but they just do not fit.
Can you please suggest me something to buy an extention or hub maybe for that ?
I will be very happy if you answer me.

Thank you in advanced.
Kind Regards

Gushy
Level 7
Hello,
I have Asus Rog Z370-e Gaming and ROG Front Base. Just buy it from store.
But the issue is i can't find ROG_Ext slot on my motherboard, there is another USB cable, But the only place it fits do noting.
The panel just glow and noting more.
I try to install drivers but it says i need to connect the front base.
That is my motherboatd, can please someone point me where to connect that USB cabble so ROG Base to work ? No matter if it work partial or full. Just to work somehow.
Please guys i see u make it work. Can you tell me how ? I have both cables.

Here is my motherboard just pleace be good and point me where to connect it.

Thank you in advanced