cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a little help overclocking my 8700k

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
Hi Nate152 I was wondering if you could help me over clock my 8700k.
I was following the posts when you were helping out Drecan.
Here are my specs:

asus maximus x hero (WIFI)
Intel I7 8700k
EVGA 1080TI FTW
32 gigs Gskillz trident 3200Mhz
EVGA 850W supernova G2 power supply
Samsung M.2 500gig SSD
Kingston M.2 250gig SSD
Samsung 500 Gig SSD
Samsung 250 Gig SSD
Asus ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q Gaming Monitor
EKBW custom water cooling
Thermaltake tower 900
Thank You
S. Pow
133 REPLIES 133

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
Anyone?? Lol
Thank You
S. Pow

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
Is there anyone that could help me out?
Thank You
S. Pow

Menthol
Level 14
Fear,
You can probably review the other posts by Nate and try the same settings but I will try and help until Nate gets on.
You have built an awesome looking PC with excellent components. Let me ask a couple questions first.
What is your intended use - Gaming, daily use, WORK, sorry for the 4 letter word

Has your CPU been delidded?
How much OC are you hoping to reach?
Model number for the memory kit?
What are your current CPU temps under load?

I just posted all my bios settings for a X Apex https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100985, basic settings are same for Z-370

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
Hey Menthol, I was following one of the posts that Nate was working on but I got to a point where my voltage was lower and the person he was helping was higher so he had to go into a different direction then I needed to and that's where I stopped.
to be honest 4.9 is fine with me even 4.8 as long as the voltage is not crazy. I was looking into deliding I even purchased the tools but just don't know if its the right thing to do. as for the memory its 4 dims of Model F4-3200C16D -16 GTZB (32gigs total) also the system is for gaming and some video editing max 2k (3440x1440)

Here is a screenshot of stock temps under load
Thank You
S. Pow

Menthol
Level 14
Hwinfo is a very good APP but to me it's information overload hurts my little tiny brain

I would suggest enter 1.3 volts vcore and try 4.8 GHZ, with AVX offset -2, run RB, if stable and temps are OK, try 4.9, 5.0 if you are extremely lucky
Your per core temps are close so your cooler mount must be very good, that's a plus

I'll check back in an hour or so to see what happened

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
ok ill try those settings, Is there another app I should try if that app has too much info
Thank You
S. Pow

Menthol
Level 14
Use whatever app you are comfortable with, probably not best to change if you know what you are looking at

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
Well I only started this a few days ago looking at Nate’s posts but I learn really quick and I know about Vcore and certain temperatures to look for. not too sure what’s a dangerous temperature to be at or what’s a dangerous voltage to be at I see a lot of people staying between 1.35 and 1.38. I also don’t want to burn out my processor with in a year and if Deliding is a good route to go hey I have to try something once at least right.
Thank You
S. Pow

Fear4u2envy
Level 7
Ok here are the results, 1.3Volts Vcore 4.8 GHZ AVX offset -2

Thank You
S. Pow