cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with choosing laptop for WoW Legion/Battle for Azeroth

Nikola405
Level 7
Hello everyone.
I need help with some laptops that will satisfy my needs.

First I don't have much money so I will only post laptops that I can buy from some friends that are offering me a good deal.

I only play world of warcraft legion and when it comes out battle for azeroth and use laptop for movies, web surfing, office etc.

I would like to buy a laptop that will run WoW Legion/BFA on medium or if needed low settings but without any bugs/lags or anything, FPS 50+ at all times. Resolution doesn't have to be high either.
Laptop A:
i7-3610Q
GT 650M 1GB
DDR3 8GB RAM
SSD 120GB

Laptop B: (little bit cheaper than A)
i5-3230M
GTX 660M 2GB
DDR3 8GB RAM
SSD 120GB

Which one would be better and can it run WoW like I said?

https://prnt.sc/iv5hss
https://prnt.sc/iv5hxe

Thanks a lot!
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
Well, if you are getting these machines from friends I would just ask them if you could borrow it and try it out to see if it will work for what you need.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for reply. Not really that kind of friends 😞 and they are not even in the same city.

Chino
Level 15

xeromist
Those are older and lower spec'd machines so you may have to make a sacrifice somewhere. The better GPU is going to allow better graphics settings. If you don't care about visuals then you can probably get away with turning down the settings with the 650. A quad core with a higher turbo is going to be better than the dual core at supporting lots of stuff going on during raids & such.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I will be playing if needed, on lowest settings, turning off everything and with lower resolution 1366x768. I just want to have good FPS in raids... I want good FPS at all times 🙂 Knowing this, you are saying that it would be better to have laptop A? Thanks

But also to satisfy battle for azeroth 🙂

xeromist
Yes, I do not play WoW but my understanding is that they make it so that it can run on almost any system with reduced graphical settings. They can't really reduce the CPU usage from stuff like player interactions, just the visual effects. So my understanding is that you don't need a great graphics card but you need a decent CPU and internet connection.