Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Does ASUS G752VT have the same power issues as ASUS G750JZ

    My ASUS G750JZ I dead and probably beyond any reasonable repair.

    Of course the power/charging module had failed. When it happened for a first time I had my motherboard replaced. Now laptop is after warranty and cost of replacing motherboard is horribly high (especially when you know it will fail after about 12 months).

    I really wanted to buy something else but "unfortunately" ROG series apart that problem is a great laptop. So I am wondering about buying ASUS G752VT .

    So do anyone of you know if ASUS G752VT suffers from the same problems because of poor quality power/charging module

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2
    Darnassus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    61
    Posts
    1,652

    I had a G750JX for 4 years, no issue. Had the G752VS for 6 months roughly, no issue.. at least with power.
    Gosh Blue Lady.. ❤

    JOIN THE ASUS T-SHOOT DISCORD <-- Clicky!

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,182

    Quote Originally Posted by ajaXXX View Post
    My ASUS G750JZ I dead and probably beyond any reasonable repair.

    Of course the power/charging module had failed. When it happened for a first time I had my motherboard replaced. Now laptop is after warranty and cost of replacing motherboard is horribly high (especially when you know it will fail after about 12 months).

    I really wanted to buy something else but "unfortunately" ROG series apart that problem is a great laptop. So I am wondering about buying ASUS G752VT .

    So do anyone of you know if ASUS G752VT suffers from the same problems because of poor quality power/charging module
    If you're looking at the VT model you might want to take a closer look at the G752VY model more powerful and very few issues that aren't self-inflicted things to look out for some VY came with 512GB SSD most were actually 2x256GB SSD in RAID mode your better off with 1 256GB and just buying a 512 GB later on. 32GB RAM is way more than is needed for any use other than running multiple VM The Model I got is the G752VY DH 72 with the latest BIOS/UEFI I have had Zero issues that weren't self-inflicted or Windows 10 related. these models VM VT VY are all 2 years + old now so keep that in mind.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array navis995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    320

    Power issue that requires whole MB change?
    YOu my friend got ripped off big time.

    I myself was the victim of dead jack port for the G750JZ but I bought the new jack only and replaced it and now it works fine.

    I can't see the reason to replace the whole board for a single power jack.

    p.s. the reason for high cost is the cpu which is soldered on the motherboard.
    Asus Rog G750JZ
    Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
    RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
    Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
    Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Hi,
    I have an Asus G752VT and I have a possible power jack issue.
    Power does run through the machine bu there is a clicking sound and the machine just turns off about two seconds after you plug it into AC.
    Adapter is fine tested with multimeter.
    However the power adapter is a cheaper "original" I bought off Amazon and much lighter than the original that I bought with machine.
    The problem started one week after I began to use the new power brick.
    I am now not sure if its the motherboard or the jack.
    I ordered a new power board and replaced that part but same problem.
    Any way I can determine if its the power jack and not the motherboard?
    TY :-)

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by navis995 View Post
    Power issue that requires whole MB change?
    YOu my friend got ripped off big time.

    I myself was the victim of dead jack port for the G750JZ but I bought the new jack only and replaced it and now it works fine.

    I can't see the reason to replace the whole board for a single power jack.

    p.s. the reason for high cost is the cpu which is soldered on the motherboard.
    How did you test it to determine that its the jack and not your motherboard or were you just lucky and guessed right?

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,182

    Quote Originally Posted by eandlau View Post
    Hi,
    I have an Asus G752VT and I have a possible power jack issue.
    Power does run through the machine bu there is a clicking sound and the machine just turns off about two seconds after you plug it into AC.
    Adapter is fine tested with multimeter.
    However the power adapter is a cheaper "original" I bought off Amazon and much lighter than the original that I bought with machine.
    The problem started one week after I began to use the new power brick.
    I am now not sure if its the motherboard or the jack.
    I ordered a new power board and replaced that part but same problem.
    Any way I can determine if its the power jack and not the motherboard?
    TY :-)
    Sounds like you got a cheap not compatible AC adapter that is causing your issues Being lighter is also is not suppling enough power to your computer
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •