cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ASUS G752VT have the same power issues as ASUS G750JZ

ajaXXX
Level 7
My ASUS G750JZ I dead and probably beyond any reasonable repair.

Of course the power/charging module had failed. When it happened for a first time I had my motherboard replaced. Now laptop is after warranty and cost of replacing motherboard is horribly high (especially when you know it will fail after about 12 months).

I really wanted to buy something else but "unfortunately" ROG series apart that problem is a great laptop. So I am wondering about buying ASUS G752VT .

So do anyone of you know if ASUS G752VT suffers from the same problems because of poor quality power/charging module
6 REPLIES 6

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I had a G750JX for 4 years, no issue. Had the G752VS for 6 months roughly, no issue.. at least with power.

Clintlgm
Level 14
ajaXXX wrote:
My ASUS G750JZ I dead and probably beyond any reasonable repair.

Of course the power/charging module had failed. When it happened for a first time I had my motherboard replaced. Now laptop is after warranty and cost of replacing motherboard is horribly high (especially when you know it will fail after about 12 months).

I really wanted to buy something else but "unfortunately" ROG series apart that problem is a great laptop. So I am wondering about buying ASUS G752VT .

So do anyone of you know if ASUS G752VT suffers from the same problems because of poor quality power/charging module

If you're looking at the VT model you might want to take a closer look at the G752VY model more powerful and very few issues that aren't self-inflicted things to look out for some VY came with 512GB SSD most were actually 2x256GB SSD in RAID mode your better off with 1 256GB and just buying a 512 GB later on. 32GB RAM is way more than is needed for any use other than running multiple VM The Model I got is the G752VY DH 72 with the latest BIOS/UEFI I have had Zero issues that weren't self-inflicted or Windows 10 related. these models VM VT VY are all 2 years + old now so keep that in mind.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

navis995
Level 11
Power issue that requires whole MB change?
YOu my friend got ripped off big time.

I myself was the victim of dead jack port for the G750JZ but I bought the new jack only and replaced it and now it works fine.

I can't see the reason to replace the whole board for a single power jack.

p.s. the reason for high cost is the cpu which is soldered on the motherboard.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

navis995 wrote:
Power issue that requires whole MB change?
YOu my friend got ripped off big time.

I myself was the victim of dead jack port for the G750JZ but I bought the new jack only and replaced it and now it works fine.

I can't see the reason to replace the whole board for a single power jack.

p.s. the reason for high cost is the cpu which is soldered on the motherboard.

How did you test it to determine that its the jack and not your motherboard or were you just lucky and guessed right?

eandlau
Level 7
Hi,
I have an Asus G752VT and I have a possible power jack issue.
Power does run through the machine bu there is a clicking sound and the machine just turns off about two seconds after you plug it into AC.
Adapter is fine tested with multimeter.
However the power adapter is a cheaper "original" I bought off Amazon and much lighter than the original that I bought with machine.
The problem started one week after I began to use the new power brick.
I am now not sure if its the motherboard or the jack.
I ordered a new power board and replaced that part but same problem.
Any way I can determine if its the power jack and not the motherboard?
TY 🙂

eandlau wrote:
Hi,
I have an Asus G752VT and I have a possible power jack issue.
Power does run through the machine bu there is a clicking sound and the machine just turns off about two seconds after you plug it into AC.
Adapter is fine tested with multimeter.
However the power adapter is a cheaper "original" I bought off Amazon and much lighter than the original that I bought with machine.
The problem started one week after I began to use the new power brick.
I am now not sure if its the motherboard or the jack.
I ordered a new power board and replaced that part but same problem.
Any way I can determine if its the power jack and not the motherboard?
TY 🙂

Sounds like you got a cheap not compatible AC adapter that is causing your issues Being lighter is also is not suppling enough power to your computer
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro