cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoOt - Did My OC, This Is It - Also Have Some Questions?

SlackROG
Level 10
Made some changes on the post, see those sections I mention this in Green - NEW CHANGES . 🙂

If you look at my specs you'll see I'm running an i7-6700K...

I just did an OC on it @ 4.6GHz - 1.3v, I'm going to go back and see if I can't get the volts a little lower...

NEW CHANGES --> Went back and was able to lower the volts, now on a Stable OC @ 1.28v.

These are the steps I did, with some questions as well...

1. AI Overclock Tuner - XMP

2. CPU Core Ratio - Sync All Cores

3. 1-Core Ratio Limit - 46

4. CPU Load Line Calibration - 4

NEW CHANGES --> I changed LLC to 5, then after some reading, found out there seems to be quite a bit of Pros & Cons over LLC. Seems as though AUTO is the best option if you can get away with it, so I went with AUTO and it works fine.

5. CPU Power Phase Control - Optmized - Wonder if I should just leave it Standard?

6. DRAM Power Phase Control - Optimized - Wonder if I should change to Extreme - What are the Pros & Cons of Optimized & Extreme?

7. IA AC Load Line - 0.01

8. IA DC Load Line - 0.01

9. CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max - Auto - Wondering if I should put on 255?

10. Min. CPU Cache Ratio - Auto - Better to have a Min. Set?

Some places I've read, people place the Min. & Max the same, or 2-3 points lower then the Multiplier, hmm... So 43 min/max or 46 min/max

11. Max CPU Cache Ratio - Auto - Better to have a Max. Set? - Max. I've seen set is like 2-3 points below the Multiplier of 46, then I'd set like 43, or set Max. like I mentioned above at 46?

12. CPU Core Cache Voltage - Adaptive

13. Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage - 1.300

NEW CHANGES --> Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage is now 1.280.

14. VRM Spread Spectrum - Disabled - Wondering if I should leave Enabled?

This is not one of the steps I did Active Frequency Mode - Disabled - This is disabled by default, not sure Enabled is a benefit, or not?

I have ASUS MultiCore Enhancement - Enabled and have been told that by disabling it, can get lower temps, anyone know about this?

So this is what I've done, not sure anyone can recommend other settings I should also apply to an OC?
6 REPLIES 6

Menthol
Level 14
4. Not sure but you may be able to lower vcore a very small amount if you raise LLC, I am not sure and you may have already tried, what is vcore under load
5. Optimized is fine for this OC
6. Same as above, may run a little cooler at optimized
6. Same
9. probably just fine as is
10. leave on Auto
11. yes set MAX, good setting is the same difference as Intel default, if that is 3, set 3 under CPU OC
14. I always set disabled, same for blck, etc.
Not sure about A.F.C., leave on default

Menthol wrote:
4. Not sure but you may be able to lower vcore a very small amount if you raise LLC, I am not sure and you may have already tried, what is vcore under load
5. Optimized is fine for this OC
6. Same as above, may run a little cooler at optimized
6. Same
9. probably just fine as is
10. leave on Auto
11. yes set MAX, good setting is the same difference as Intel default, if that is 3, set 3 under CPU OC
14. I always set disabled, same for blck, etc.
Not sure about A.F.C., leave on default

I'll go back and see if I can lower Vcore and play with LLC...

Thanks Menthol

Menthol
Level 14
Hey no problem brother

SlackROG
Level 10
By the way your Signature shows the image tags -

Cheers

Menthol
Level 14
Ya I know, I would fix it but I must not care enough.
Actually about the only thing I can do on a PC is hardware related, when it comes to anything software, picture re sizing, or just about anything else, I blow
I think it may be my age, you know when your young you need to know how and why about your interests, now all I need to know is that it does, don't care how or why anymore.

Menthol wrote:
Ya I know, I would fix it but I must not care enough.
Actually about the only thing I can do on a PC is hardware related, when it comes to anything software, picture re sizing, or just about anything else, I blow
I think it may be my age, you know when your young you need to know how and why about your interests, now all I need to know is that it does, don't care how or why anymore.

LOL, I hear ya, it's the 'To Many Things, and To Little Time' 😉

And for everyone else reading, I went back and got a Stable OC on 1.28v LLC=5, those are the only changes I did...

2 Hours on the latest Prime95 Small FFT and 2 hours on RealBench.

P.S After this reply, I put LLC now on AUTO, read original post regarding...