cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO BIOS VER 1101 Feedback Thread

mr_allroy
Level 9
I just noticed this is on the ASUS US website. Has anyone tried it yet? I'm not feeling like being a guinea pig as "bios flashback" does not seem to work.

Anyways, let's keep this friendly and post our experiences with it.
63 REPLIES 63

jjxakergm
Level 7
Well, the beginning is necessary, decided to add old microcodes)))
Well, in principle, it is logical... all Skylake, Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake full support Z170-Z270-Z370
The only limitation is that you need to lower the version Intel Management Engine Firmware to version 11.7.0.1229, If the version above then the start is blocked.

In vain, Asus decided to add these latest processor microcode 0x84 for Coffee Lake. because the system on it behaves unstably, especially if they are off Intel EIST+SST+C-State. but they know better, they should have checked it... I found the problem in five minutes a month ago.

Cold boot is still an issue for me in this version as well as on 1003, details in this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100804-Asus-Maximus-X-Hero-overclock-issue .

Zeroed85
Level 8
Are there any official Bios notes?

no1yak
Level 8
Just Ran Realbench on bios 1101, so far no problems @50x +XMP adaptive volts 1.30 LLC 5. Ran Cinebench a few times and got 1627, down on my previous score of 1657 on bios 0802.

This bios update not shown on Asus UK site, Asus.de has it. No official description of what's been changed.

no1yak wrote:
Just Ran Realbench on bios 1101, so far no problems @50x +XMP adaptive volts 1.30 LLC 5. Ran Cinebench a few times and got 1627, down on my previous score of 1657 on bios 0802.

This bios update not shown on Asus UK site, Asus.de has it. No official description of what's been changed.

I just updated to this BIOS and ran Cinebench as well. saw a similar small drop in score. at 4.8Ghz +XMP my previous score was 1540, it is now 1520.

Lotzi
Level 7
BIOS 1101

Update Intel CPU microcode

Lotzi wrote:
BIOS 1101

Update Intel CPU microcode

I believe you but where's the source for that?

morpwr
Level 7
Ive been using it since it was posted a while ago and haven't noticed any issues.

Tygerion
Level 7
After one day of use and basic testing: 1101 appears to be quite OK.
No fix for the fan speedup/speeddown time yet.