cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having bad RMA experience, seems common with Asus

RyanBRZ
Level 7
This is regarding my ROG Maximus X Hero motherboard that I bought in December and it has been running great for approximately 2 months.

2 weeks ago all USB ports on my motherboard stopped working after a reboot. I was in Windows and rebooted to go into BIOS but pressing the Delete key did nothing and I ended up on the Windows 10 login screen and realized my keyboard and mouse were no longer working. I tried multiple keyboards and mice but none of them would work. The only USB port that does work on my board is the USB-C port which I was able to connect a keyboard to using a USB-C to USB adapter. Tried disconnecting PSU, removing CMOS battery, resetting BIOS to Optimized defaults but nothing helped.

I contact Asus and start an RMA. I ship my board to them and they receive it on a Monday. Through the next few days it goes through the normal process, in repair, testing and then shipped. Having read RMA horror stories I decided to call and inquire what was done to fix my issue. The CSR tells me the tech could not reproduce my issue so they flashed BIOS/firmware and shipped the board back to me. I get the board back today and test and of course, the problem persists. I read this same issue happening to many other people and it is frustrating that Asus would be like this when they seem to pride themselves on service. I really wish I was still in my 30 day Amazon return window.

I call Asus back again today and explain the issue and ask for a replacement. They tell me they cannot locate stock so they cannot do anything and I have to call back each day asking if they have stock---they cannot reserve one for me which I found really surprising. So I asked for a supervisor or manager to contact me because this seems like a scam type of warranty and this should go to the better business bureau. So yeah, I have to call back every morning to see if they have a replacement board in stock after I spent $275 on the board 2 months ago.
5 REPLIES 5

Bill
Level 7
Hello RyanBRZ
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello RyanBRZ
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you

Are there any updates on this? My RMA status has been "Material/spare part(s) shortage. Item is on order and/or incoming." for almost a week.

cl-david
Level 7
Hi RyanBRZ,

I'm David and I work at the ASUS Corporate Office here in Fremont, CA. I read through your thread and want to apologize for the delay with your RMA. I was informed that inventory for your motherboard will be available on the week of April 22nd. If you need any further updates, send me a direct message or email me at cl-david@asus.com.

cl-david@asus wrote:
Hi RyanBRZ,

I'm David and I work at the ASUS Corporate Office here in Fremont, CA. I read through your thread and want to apologize for the delay with your RMA. I was informed that inventory for your motherboard will be available on the week of April 22nd. If you need any further updates, send me a direct message or email me at cl-david@asus.com.

Thanks for the response, David. My RMA journey has been going on since early March, with an availability date April 22nd (2 weeks away) I am without a motherboard for nearly 2 months. Had the RMA been handled correctly on the first pass I should have already had my board.

Can my case please be escalated? These boards are in stock with just about every retailer (newegg, amazon, etc), how does Asus not have these boards in stock to handle warranty claims? I am willing to pay for it if I can be reimbursed.

I sent both of my RMA numbers via email.

I got my shipping notification and my replacement is expected to arrive on Monday 4/16. Hoping it is a new board and not a refurb but we will see.