cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 won't install (Win 10)

Jitsuryoku
Level 7
I finally built my new PC and had a fair deal of trouble setting it up. Asus has a weird way of handling drivers (such as starting both 32 and 64 but sonic studio using task scheduler and then again using normal startup 2 times each (for total of 6 times), all giving popups to confirm startup of those programs ), but I managed to work around most of them somehow.

Now the only problem I have left is AI studio setup (got the latest one) simply not starting. I tried starting AsusSetup.exe and Setup.exe (as administrator) Cursor changes to indicate some sort of loading a few times, but nothing beyond that happens. I tried launching AI Suite setup directly (rather than centralized setup) and it starts, but closes shortly.
I was wondering if anyone knows what to do with that. Are there some pre-requisites I need to install first?

EDIT: I've tried every version listed in download page now.

My setup:
Windows 10 pro
Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero
CPU: Intel i7-8700k
Graphics Card: None right now
(I assume the rest is irrelevant)
14 REPLIES 14

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
It wouldn't surprise me if you need to 'Unblock' the installer first.
Right click and select properties. In the general tab see if there is a button in the lower right hand corner of the window that says 'Unblock'.
Click it then try installing again. This is a known issue with loads of Asus installers.

Code_Frenzy wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if you need to 'Unblock' the installer first.
Right click and select properties. In the general tab see if there is a button in the lower right hand corner of the window that says 'Unblock'.
Click it then try installing again. This is a known issue with loads of Asus installers.
And we still wondering why as we still wondering why there are to setup exe... 😛

Jitsuryoku
Level 7
I checked and unblocked every executable I could find. (that doesn't help)

EDIT:
Okay, I feel stupid and angry at the same time... I unblocked the whole .zip file before extracting it and it did the trick.
I've spent over 4 hours jumping in hoops just trying to install various drivers/software for a so called "Premium product". I would think software developers of high-end products would AT LEAST mange to display appropriate error messages so people could debug those ****ty installers without poking in the dark for hours...

Thank you Code_Frenzy!

Jitsuryoku wrote:
I checked and unblocked every executable I could find. (that doesn't help)

EDIT:
Okay, I feel stupid and angry at the same time... I unblocked the whole .zip file before extracting it and it did the trick.
I've spent over 4 hours jumping in hoops just trying to install various drivers/software for a so called "Premium product". I would think software developers of high-end products would AT LEAST mange to display appropriate error messages so people could debug those ****ty installers without poking in the dark for hours...

Thank you Code_Frenzy!

Any new information . I still have issues . Will not install .tried all kind of work around's .

Does anyone have any more suggestions . Why is it so hard to install this software. Thanks in advance .

panzlock
Level 12
Try this Tom's Guide method if you haven't already: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1782754/asus-suite-iii-setup-start.html#11439725
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Try this Tom's Guide method if you haven't already: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1782754/asus-suite-iii-setup-start.html#11439725

Yea i tried it .. no luck . Thanks for replying ..I was hoping something new was out ...I am really at a loss now . Asus tech told me to reformat and then install and i did
but that did work either .

Dboffset wrote:
Yea i tried it .. no luck . Thanks for replying ..I was hoping something new was out ...I am really at a loss now . Asus tech told me to reformat and then install and i did
but that did work either .

On a fresh windows install this should be no problem.

First make sure you have downloaded the latest AI Suite 3 from your motherboard support page. Only use the one from your motherboard. For you that would be 3.00.13.

Unzip the file. Open the file and double click "Asus Setup" (not the other Setup). That should be it. No need to find and execute from the any other files.

mdzcpa wrote:
On a fresh windows install this should be no problem.

First make sure you have downloaded the latest AI Suite 3 from your motherboard support page. Only use the one from your motherboard. For you that would be 3.00.13.

Unzip the file. Open the file and double click "Asus Setup" (not the other Setup). That should be it. No need to find and execute from the any other files.

Hi,
I would add

Right click the zip folder and select Properties
Check the Unblock box and apply save first before using extract all.

Might install better 10 will block the install usually or parts of it if not done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]