cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Far Cry 5 Pre-Order

Nate152
Any Far Cry fans looking forward to Far Cry 5, I know I am.

Far Cry 5 is released on the 27th, you can pre order it and get the Dooms Day Prepper pack. I see you can get a 20% off discount with 100 Uplay units, but guess what, you can't get the 20% discount on the pre order.

What a ubibummer.

13 REPLIES 13

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not...but I bought it...and I got that discount here in Europe...in fact I wouldn't have bought it without...

If it's taken the good from 3 and 4 and improved I will be looking forward to it...

If it's just the 5th remake i'll play it but grudgingly...

MarshallR
Level 10
Total wait n see from me: if the reviews are glowing ill keep an eye out for discounts. 3 was great but 4 was only OK. Not really sure if the central topic of 5 interests me at all tbh just like the year zero one didn't.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey MarshallR! Still Helium chilled?

I know what you mean...Primal was awful for me...couldn't be bothered to finish more than half of it

I've fired this up for the intro here...looks OK...but seems graphically a bit dated....waiting for Nvidia to get their act together and release the "Game Ready" driver :rolleyes:

I think I'll wait a bit this time before I purchase it. Far Cry 4 was a disaster until all the patches came out.

I was quite surprised to see this game is very well optimized right out of the gate. 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hilarious...I read this again today...it is true word for word https://www.thegamer.com/15-reasons-far-cry-5-is-going-to-suck/

It's fun...it's Far Cry...nothing new, somethings worse, get it discounted or on sale in a while...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hilarious...I read this again today...it is true word for word https://www.thegamer.com/15-reasons-far-cry-5-is-going-to-suck/

It's fun...it's Far Cry...nothing new, somethings worse, get it discounted or on sale in a while...

Man that was a depressing article. I wasn't even going to buy the game and I feel like selling my computer after reading that. 😞
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Man that was a depressing article. I wasn't even going to buy the game and I feel like selling my computer after reading that. 😞

Heh sorry davemon50...just remember the Witcher 3 and you'll keep the PC...

I could only play FC5 so far and then it got too sick even for me...I deleted it...if they removed all the pointless cut-scenes maybe I could have finished...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Heh sorry davemon50...just remember the Witcher 3 and you'll keep the PC...

I could only play FC5 so far and then it got too sick even for me...I deleted it...if they removed all the pointless cut-scenes maybe I could have finished...

Yeah there's always something to play somewhere to give satisfaction. What we really need is a good ROG Stick Fight tournament. 😄

(...although I would certainly lose, since my son beats me every time. 😞 )
Davemon50

Nate152
Well, you still can't get the 20% discount even after it's released, the game must be out for 3 months then you can get the discount.

I see now it clearly states you can't get the discount on preorders OR NEWLY RELEASED TITLES, why didn't the agent say this and why would they have the discount up there if I can't use it ?

Kind of misleading if you ask me.