CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240
    CaseInfinity EOS
    Power SupplyEnermax REVOLUTION X’t II 750W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
    Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless Chroma
    Mouse Pad Corsair RGB POLARIS
    Headset/Speakers Razer Leviathan
    OS Windows 10 64Bit Pro Edition

have you tried clear CMOS prior to booting ?
    Last edited by Triliuner; 03-28-2018 at 02:31 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Triliuner View Post
    have you tried clear CMOS prior to booting ?
    certainly have, multiple times

ROG Member Array Triliuner PC Specs
    Triliuner PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB 3866Mhz
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1080TI OC
    MonitorSamsung CHG90 49"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (OS)
    Storage #2Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240
    CaseInfinity EOS
    Power SupplyEnermax REVOLUTION X’t II 750W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2
    Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless Chroma
    Mouse Pad Corsair RGB POLARIS
    Headset/Speakers Razer Leviathan
    OS Windows 10 64Bit Pro Edition

hmm, from what i read, you use windows 10 home edition, can you try windows 10 pro 64bit?

if the problem is not resolved, it looks like your motherboard is damaged, try contact asus

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Triliuner View Post
    hmm, from what i read, you use windows 10 home edition, can you try windows 10 pro 64bit?

if the problem is not resolved, it looks like your motherboard is damaged, try contact asus
    Hello.
    I HAD exactly the same problem as the OP, but different specs. My specs are as follows:
    Ryzen7 1700
    ASUS X370-F Strix (AMD AM4 socket, not like him!)
    2x 8GB DDR4-3200 from QVL list (G.SKILL 14-14-14-34 @ 1T)

My system runs Windows 10 Pro x64, I haven't tried Windows 7 yet (preparing ISO). It is very stable and everything you would like runs on it, but only ASUS AURA refused to run with the error mentioned. In Eventlog there was only one entry from LightningService.exe which crashed. The only "interesting" details from the log:

Code:
    exception code: 0xc0000005
    This happens when an app crashes, mostly because of a "prevented operation" by another program.

I struggled back and forth, but finally found a solution, dependable on my >>antivirus<< (!!!), probably this helps other users:

Uninstall the AURA program and reboot. I assume you have all th e files for installation ready at your disk.
    After Windows is loaded again, disable your antivirus (yes, honestly!) and reinstall AURA again. I did not try the AURA removing tool, probably this helps at some point.
    After install DO NOT reboot (yet).
    Go into your antivirus' settings.
    Set the whole AURA path (C:/program files(x86)/ASUS/AURA/*.* and subfolders) as an exception for all scanning purposes (script blocking, filtering, preventing autorun, preventing registry edit => ALL options possible your antivirus offers)
    Apply the settings and re-enable your antivirus.
    Reboot.
    Run AURA explicitly as administrator once. (right-click and choose "run as administrator", click YES on the prompt)

My problem was solved with that. It seems some antivirus vendors (mine is ESET) see the communication as some CnC traffic or something like that and block it. No wonder, ASUS AURA sends your mainboard commands to change stuff. That does not happen very often, except you own a motherboard with LEDs. ;-)

I hope this helped someone, I was about to post to this thread with the exact same issue on my AM4 board, so the issue seems to be specific to AURA boards in general.

Regards

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Aura still crashes after a while though on my b250f using latest version. Might work for a week. Then randomly will be eating like 15% cpu, stop working, and causing instability in my games till I end task and restart it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by IDKFA View Post
    Hello.
    I HAD exactly the same problem as the OP, but different specs. My specs are as follows:
    Ryzen7 1700
    ASUS X370-F Strix (AMD AM4 socket, not like him!)
    2x 8GB DDR4-3200 from QVL list (G.SKILL 14-14-14-34 @ 1T)

My system runs Windows 10 Pro x64, I haven't tried Windows 7 yet (preparing ISO). It is very stable and everything you would like runs on it, but only ASUS AURA refused to run with the error mentioned. In Eventlog there was only one entry from LightningService.exe which crashed. The only "interesting" details from the log:

Code:
    exception code: 0xc0000005
    This happens when an app crashes, mostly because of a "prevented operation" by another program.

I struggled back and forth, but finally found a solution, dependable on my >>antivirus<< (!!!), probably this helps other users:

Uninstall the AURA program and reboot. I assume you have all th e files for installation ready at your disk.
    After Windows is loaded again, disable your antivirus (yes, honestly!) and reinstall AURA again. I did not try the AURA removing tool, probably this helps at some point.
    After install DO NOT reboot (yet).
    Go into your antivirus' settings.
    Set the whole AURA path (C:/program files(x86)/ASUS/AURA/*.* and subfolders) as an exception for all scanning purposes (script blocking, filtering, preventing autorun, preventing registry edit => ALL options possible your antivirus offers)
    Apply the settings and re-enable your antivirus.
    Reboot.
    Run AURA explicitly as administrator once. (right-click and choose "run as administrator", click YES on the prompt)

My problem was solved with that. It seems some antivirus vendors (mine is ESET) see the communication as some CnC traffic or something like that and block it. No wonder, ASUS AURA sends your mainboard commands to change stuff. That does not happen very often, except you own a motherboard with LEDs. ;-)

I hope this helped someone, I was about to post to this thread with the exact same issue on my AM4 board, so the issue seems to be specific to AURA boards in general.

Regards
    Yeah i have tried installing Aura before any antivirus programs were installed after my fresh re-install and still the same issue

on the off chance even disabled windows defender too but same issue

ROG Member Array

I had the same problem where the software just won't launch.

In my case I could fix it by changing the installation directory to C:\ASUS\AURA

Seems like the software doesn't want to be installed in a Program Files folder. This could be related to a permission problem.

ROG Member Array

I have run into this problem with the latest update, now it aura will not work at all even trying older versions don't work.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tux-box1 View Post
    I have run into this problem with the latest update, now it aura will not work at all even trying older versions don't work.
    Same here. After installing Asus Aura (latest version), mine won't work either. Even older versions no longer work. I have an Asus Rampage VI Extreme (X299) and this is VERY frustrating! Error box "ASUS AURA has stopped working" keeps popping up.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

spend 8h and 2 days and there is no way to load aura on code xi. I try 3 verisons. (clean install all those times) but i make a progress. on the last run the light react and alt least change, but getting on the app IS IMPOSIBLE. Asus as to make SERIOS work on these and live dash. I manage to fix the live dash on the 360 aio. at least now i can change lighs and icons gif. BUT now i have 2 fans 1 and appears on the dash oled and Aisuite. i Trying to see what is going on there. I get a new nvme and now i am afraid to add it.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast