cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus z370-e i7 8700k oc'ing issue

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Hi Guys

I need help the system is freeezing for 2-4 sec sometimes 6 sec in game with 200 watts drawing. Once after that the game resumes. never crashes

I tried all the auto when it was auto it pushes the windows boot itself to 80 degree and on game 90 even with corsair h100i v2

Now i am at 4400 and voltatage is 2.52 and llc 5 and mce disabled with avx 0 and rest are auto . Speed step is disabled.

I dont why the gpu power is getting dropped . i also set the nvidia gloabal to max performance.

i dont know why it is proble anymore tired of troubleshooting. if i do manual the game freeze and if set auto the temps are insane.
26 REPLIES 26

stewart_1
Level 8
Do you experience any issues at stock settings?

Nothing major except the thermal issues there hitting 90-99 easily under load as the vcore is spiking 1.397 to 1.401

i have to set to 44 x and disable certain to keep it under voltage

i
During auto tuning the stable was 5.0 ghz reached but when i did cinebench it reach 96+ easily and its not good.

i have seen 5.2ghz under 90 degrees

something wrong

the only proble i am facing is one of fan can be screwed at the bottom due to case limitation and board vrm sink blocking so the air push is leaking can lead of 10-15 % of performance issues that is not good for 95 or 99 at full load. it is making me crazy.

Does h100i v2 is not good even at stock . ie 4.7 is rated boost frequency right.

no1yak
Level 8
What is the water temp at idle with stock settings. Have you tried re seating the water block with new paste. Can you feel the water flow when holding the rad tubes (never mind what Link say's pump working but impeller broken- personal experience). What is your room temp as the water temp at idle from cold boot is approx 5-6 degrees c above.

my room is 33 average .

yes pump working i guess otherwise the temps when raising 90 came down instantly to 45 degree also it keeps fluctuating and not constant. So pump is working.

no1yak
Level 8
Try re placing the thermal paste, if that dosn't work then please download screen shots of your bios settings.

I am sure the thermal and heatsink are intact. As i am below 50 when no in load.

only concern is does the one fan not placed correctly will lead to 5-10 degree+ of deviation.

Is H100i v2 is not suffice for this cpu . i havent even oc'ed its not stock but if stock its overshooting voltage even when mce turned off and hitting upto 1.35 volt . only way is manal to keep it 1.245v

Menthol
Level 14
Your ambient temps are very high, how old is your H110i? I had to replace my H115i after a couple years use, the pump must have weakened and temps were about 10 degrees warmer than expected at idle. A new H1150i and my temps are now about 10 degrees above ambient at idle and 20+ degrees lower at max load
AIO's are a inexpensive mass produced product and lifespan is probably shorter than the warranty period

no1yak
Level 8
You have been given some suggestions but, you still refuse to take any advice. Then that's down too you.

no1yak wrote:
You have been given some suggestions but, you still refuse to take any advice. Then that's down too you.

I did not say that. i re-seated the heatsink 3-4 times to improve but it did improved since first two time it was very high say 55-65 average now down to 40 degrees

Only concern is when oc'ed to 4.5 and above the temps are bad. I believe cooler fan not mounted properly could be one of the reason ( Since my 400r from corsair is bad for supporting the h100 the earlier version which rma'ed 1.5 years back to h100i v2 and now this cant be mounted well with 2 fans the rear fan towards the cpu 8 pin is hitting the vrm of motherboard and doesnt have enought clearance so i screweed in only top 2 screws. bottow is lying untouch to radiator with possible air leak on the other end of the radiotor not getting cooled enough to bring the temps down.

Does getting a better case with better intake with no blockage to front and proper mount of radiator with two can hold the cpu down to 80 degree's under load ?

Also my case tightly packed. Not much airflow will be since front 2 fan intake is consumed by the hdd cage populated with 3 hdd 3.5 and 2 ssd. so only way inside get cooled is radiator fan and rear fan.