cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX not saving Amplify Level profile!

gorandroid
Level 7
Hello everyone, i am the owner of z270e motherboard and it's powered with SupremeFX, so the problem i have is with the amplify level profile, my headset is Logitech G233 so i would normally set the profile to extreme and g233 being my default device, once i reboot my pc the profile resets to powerful and is unable to save to my desired profile, how can i solve this? It is very annoying because i need to open the realtek every day to change it to extreme...
12 REPLIES 12

gorandroid
Level 7
Up!

Nobody knows the cause?

TamiyaGuy
Level 7
I've had the same issue with my Prime Z270-A, first reported in May last year. Apparently there's been a driver update that specifically fixes this issue. It seems to be on the Strix Z370E's driver downloads page, but not the Z270E. Can't see why it'd be different between chipsets, though. Give it a shot if you want to try - let me know how it goes!

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

TamiyaGuy wrote:
I've had the same issue with my Prime Z270-A, first reported in May last year. Apparently there's been a driver update that specifically fixes this issue. It seems to be on the Strix Z370E's driver downloads page, but not the Z270E. Can't see why it'd be different between chipsets, though. Give it a shot if you want to try - let me know how it goes!

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Hi, just tried installing AsusSetup and nothing happens... like it doesn't install it now i don't have the asus audio icon in tray bar... i am downloading audio driver from z270e page

gorandroid wrote:
Hi, just tried installing AsusSetup and nothing happens... like it doesn't install it now i don't have the asus audio icon in tray bar... i am downloading audio driver from z270e page

I believe you need to right-click the ZIP, go to Properties and choose "Unblock" to ensure that the setup will run correctly. Then extract the ZIP and double-click AsusSetup.

And I assume you mean Z370E; I don't think that version is available on the Z270E's page yet. For... some reason.

Hope this helps!

Nate152
The amplify level is automatically detected.

If the impedance is equal to or higher than 110 ohms it will set the amplify level to extreme. The Logitech G233 is 32 ohms is why it's setting it to powerful.

Nate152 wrote:
The amplify level is automatically detected.

If the impedance is equal to or higher than 110 ohms it will set the amplify level to extreme. The Logitech G233 is 32 ohms is why it's setting it to powerful.

I think the issue is that even after manually overriding the change, the Amplify level resets upon restart (and sometimes appears to change to a completely random value). Indeed, the change log for the audio drivers found on the Z370E driver page states:

Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.8339
Updated Amplify Level behavior to prevent overwriting manual adjustments upon reboot or resume from sleep/hibernation.

Good to see that this issue has at last been looked at. Do you know if this version of the driver would work on earlier boards, e.g. Z270-E or a PRIME Z270-A? I can't see why audio drivers would be motherboard-specific - they're all using some form of S1220A...

Nate152
So you had me curious if the newer Realtek driver works with older motherboards, I can confirm it works with the Maximus IX Code (z270).

I used to be able to set it to extreme and it would remember it. Ever since the 22 january 2019 Windows 10 update it won't remember it.

Can we set a file to read-only somewhere? It works fine on Extreme and I prefer it that way.

I don't want to set it to Extreme every time I reboot my pc..

Please help us Asus

i9700K
1080Ti
Maximus X Apex