Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog centurion 7.1 problems with software/firmware/drivers

jandyr
Level 7
Hello everyone

I'm Jandyr from chile
recently i bought a asus rog centurion from a store on ebay and has been a hell since i receive them
firstable the headphones sometimes work perfectly and another just dont.
to make them work for a while i must reinstall the firmware like 10 times
when finally i can use them, they stop working when i restart the desktop pc
when i connect the sound card dont show lights but the headphones do show the light on
i try on several computers
and i try on several pc Desktops, notebooks, usb ports (1,1-2.0-3.0-3.1), usb cables (original asus and alternatives), anothers pc, notebooks, i tried diferent configurations on usb power options and nothing can make them work how they should.

i read a lot on the forum and on internet and so many people report poblems but zero solution
i think it's a problem with the headphones is the software more specific the firmware, because when the headphones isn't working i start the firmware update and inmediatly start to shiny the lights on the sound card until after a several atemps to reinstall the firmware (usually fails on the 2cond part) the headphones work again until i restart the pc....

i liked the brand asus, but with that, i mean.... i also have a asus monitor pg278qr too expensive, a gtx 1060 strix, (and i was so close to buy a gtx 1080ti for luck i didn't buy it) but with the problems of the headphones i will think twice before buy another product asus

my pc spect are:
mb: asus hero ix
proccesor: intel i7 7700k
32 gb ram
ssd 512
psu: platinum 1050w
gpu: titan xp

that's all

if anyone found a solution please i'll apreciate a lot
3 REPLIES 3

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you insert both USB connectors into your PC? Sometimes the Centurion will need more than 500mA from a single USB connection, that's probably when you ran into issues.

When you said sound card, you mean the Audio Station right?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Did you insert both USB connectors into your PC? Sometimes the Centurion will need more than 500mA from a single USB connection, that's probably when you ran into issues.

When you said sound card, you mean the Audio Station right?

hello!

yes, i was meaning audio station (sorry)
i tried connecting both (asus Y cable) and using another Y usb x 3 male alternative too, and happened the same, works sometimes and others just dont

I think can be a problem of the software because for example now it's off
and i replugg and still off (the lights of the audio station) and the light of the headphones are on (?)

so:

1)sound station light: off
headphones lights:on

then i re-plug all cables:

the same

but if i open the firmware update automatically the lights start to blink and most of the time the update fails in the middle of the opetarion or just stop working (no response) so i must to plugg/unplugg several times and update until works... then i restart the pc and again to the same: headphones lights: on ; sound station light :off

thanks for your response!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is possible the firmware wasn't flashed properly. Which firmware are you flashing?

If you have eliminated the cable as an issue by testing different ones, and the headset appears to be working fine, then the Audio Station may need RMA.