cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Z370-E Motherboard RGB issues

Roomscapers
Level 7
Hey ya'll, I've had this board for about a week and the RGB has gone in and out for me. I seem to have two different issues, one very big and one not so big. The most annoying is the RGB LED's on the motherboard is on, but it is not detected by the BIOS or software. This means I cannot turn it off through BIOS when the computer is shutdown and I can't change the color profile with Aura.

The second problem is with my G. Skill TridentZ rgb ram. On startup the RGB on the ram is fine. But if my computer goes to sleep, the ram rainbow stops moving and is stuck on one color. Only a reboot helps. As I said this isn't a big problem but its something that is slightly annoying as I can't control the mobo leds to match the ram.

Thanks in advanced!

P.S. Running Bios 0612
I found this forum and saw the LED connector might not be on so tight so I corrected that. I put the motherboard back in the case, and the RGB still didn't work so I took it out again and realized pushing on the LED seemed to revive it a for a little while but it goes out again. After some trial and error I finally got the LED's to work in the case and show up in software for about 24 hours. Now, the board still has the stock rgb rainbow but it is not detected in BIOS or Asus Aura software.
3 REPLIES 3

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Cant you control the LED with Corsair Link. It deducts easily and you still match .

Phillyflyer
Level 10
Roomscrapers.....IN ADVANCED /ROG EFFECTS...ONBOARD LED SHOULD BE ENABLED AND Q-CODE FUNCTIONS SHOULD BE POST CODE ONLY...IN ADVANCED ONBOARD DEVICES CONFIGURATION UNDER RGB LIGHTING WORKING STATE SHOULD BE ON AND SLEEP / HIBERNATION SHOULD BE ON IF LIGHTING IS REQUIRED WHILE IN THAT MODE...OTHERWISE OFF...IN DRAM TIMING...ENABLE DRAM SPEED WRITE....WITH REGARDS TO THE AURA SOFTWARE YOU CAN SET THE RAINBOW EFFECT WITH THE SYNC AT SHUTDOWN FUNCTION.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Thanks y'all. I ended up having to stick a dull knife under the led and got it to be detected again. From there I could use aura to set it how I wanted