New ROGer Array

Question Vega64 strix external fan header

Hello!
    I've recently bought fans, and i want to connect them to my vega64 strix via a pwm spliter.
    Spliter is a EKWB spliter, ordered from them. It takes one signal and split its into 4, the power comes from the psu directly. It's "in" header has only 2 of the 4 pins as you only need the pwm signal and no power.
    My problem is that if i connect it to the fan header on the card, it'll peg the fans to full blast, witch is a problem is i have 3 3000 rpm furious Vardar EVO fans, and it sounds like the spiraling vortex of death from hell. Its great for temps tho (53°c on furmark is ice cold), but it makes my head ache, and it's not good to have fans blasting at full speed all the time.
    I tried to make the board recognize the fans with the gpu tweak II, but it didn't recognize it, so i ended up, putting the fans on the MOBO. It's a problem for me as i specifically bought my fans to plug them onto the vga.
    An tips?

ps.: I don't speak english natively so sorry if made a few mistakes

ROG Member Array

I'm afraid I can't help you - I have the same problem! Once I plug my fan into the Fan Connect II header (doesn't matter which of the two), the fan will spool up to full power and stay there until I unplug it. Help!

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 16-16-16-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hello

You can connect multiple 3 pin - 4 pin fans, each header supports up to 1 amp.

Just connect any 3-pin or 4-pin fan to the external fan headers, no need to connect power to the psu.

Install GPU Tweak II, then you can control them on the Home page.

ROG Member Array

Well, no can do. I came an inch closer to the solution by installing the latest GPU Tweak II, now at least a slider for external fan speed shows up. But still, the tool will not detect the 4 pin fan I plugged in.
    I cross checked by plugging the fan in the mobo: works fine. The culprit here seems to be the GPU.