cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vega64 strix external fan header

HighbornHellest
Level 7
Hello!
I've recently bought fans, and i want to connect them to my vega64 strix via a pwm spliter.
Spliter is a EKWB spliter, ordered from them. It takes one signal and split its into 4, the power comes from the psu directly. It's "in" header has only 2 of the 4 pins as you only need the pwm signal and no power.
My problem is that if i connect it to the fan header on the card, it'll peg the fans to full blast, witch is a problem is i have 3 3000 rpm furious Vardar EVO fans, and it sounds like the spiraling vortex of death from hell. Its great for temps tho (53°c on furmark is ice cold), but it makes my head ache, and it's not good to have fans blasting at full speed all the time.
I tried to make the board recognize the fans with the gpu tweak II, but it didn't recognize it, so i ended up, putting the fans on the MOBO. It's a problem for me as i specifically bought my fans to plug them onto the vga.
An tips?

ps.: I don't speak english natively so sorry if made a few mistakes
3 REPLIES 3

Flexerl
Level 7
I'm afraid I can't help you - I have the same problem! Once I plug my fan into the Fan Connect II header (doesn't matter which of the two), the fan will spool up to full power and stay there until I unplug it. Help!

Nate152
Hello

You can connect multiple 3 pin - 4 pin fans, each header supports up to 1 amp.

Just connect any 3-pin or 4-pin fan to the external fan headers, no need to connect power to the psu.

Install GPU Tweak II, then you can control them on the Home page.

Well, no can do. I came an inch closer to the solution by installing the latest GPU Tweak II, now at least a slider for external fan speed shows up. But still, the tool will not detect the 4 pin fan I plugged in.
I cross checked by plugging the fan in the mobo: works fine. The culprit here seems to be the GPU.