cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503VD cant handle bf1 low ? What ?

KazutoKZ
Level 7
Hello , so i've bought a new gl503vd and my impression so far is not good with this laptop. Idk if its only mine or everyone else's too. So i installed bf1 and played some multiplayer and i was really shocked by the fps. I mean i only got like 30 fps at LOW. Yeah i know, it is at the middle of a gunfight but it FREEZES too. WTH, i mean it got i7 7700HQ 1TB HDD, 8gigs of ram and gtx 1050.

So can someone help me ? Is it only me or someone had/have this problem. Iam planning to buy some RAM tommorow bcs i suspect it is a ram problem but if someone can help me now well i can save some bucks. Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

mmohamed2
Level 8
KazutoKZ wrote:
Hello , so i've bought a new gl503vd and my impression so far is not good with this laptop. Idk if its only mine or everyone else's too. So i installed bf1 and played some multiplayer and i was really shocked by the fps. I mean i only got like 30 fps at LOW. Yeah i know, it is at the middle of a gunfight but it FREEZES too. WTH, i mean it got i7 7700HQ 1TB HDD, 8gigs of ram and gtx 1050.

So can someone help me ? Is it only me or someone had/have this problem. Iam planning to buy some RAM tommorow bcs i suspect it is a ram problem but if someone can help me now well i can save some bucks. Thank you

uninstall gpu driver using DDU
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,1.html
and reinstall the last driver and do a stresstest USING FURMARK and check if you get between 34 and 36fps or not

mmohamed2 wrote:
uninstall gpu driver using DDU
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,1.html
and reinstall the last driver and do a stresstest USING FURMARK and check if you get between 34 and 36fps or not

Hi thanks for the reply,before i uninstalled the driver i've tried msi kombustor vga stress test (the same fur ball test) and i had 150fps.Idk but what gets me is the constant freezes when it is in battle.

KazutoKZ
Level 7
KazutoKZ wrote:

Well it seems that i've FIXED it. i bought another 8 gigs ddr4 RAM and it solves the low fps and the freezes.It seems when i played bf1 it used 7.4 gigs so it IS a RAM problem.

Good to hear that, how much fps you got now and on which settings?

Good deal