cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG X99 RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 doesn't POST, code b0

fugalism
Level 7
Hi,

I'm now on my third X99 mobo, after my previous Asrock board couldn't deal with my RAM and my first one died. System doesn't post, hanging on Qcode b0. I'm assuming it's b0 as the 6 doesn't have the top 'bar' but I could be wrong. Code b0 means "runtime set virtual address MAP begin" whatever that means.

Specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 5820k
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair CMK16GX4M4A2800C16, which the manual states as being compatible

I'm at this point assuming my Gigabyte X99 board fried my CPU when it died but I'm kind of hoping I'm just missing something. Have already tried positioning the RAM in multiple positions, reseating the CPU, clearing the CMOS etc.
Am I doing something wrong, or is the board DOA?
8 REPLIES 8

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
There are four red LEDes on the motherboard,which one is ON?

MikeAdu wrote:
Hi.
There are four red LEDes on the motherboard,which one is ON?

Do you mean the LEDs near the start and reset buttons? I won't be able to check until later today, but last time I tried booting the bottom light (the fourth one) was on.

MikeAdu
Level 9
These LEDes:

What is ON?

It's the third LED. (DRAM)

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
Try these steps.
1.Clear CMOS.
2.Press MEM OK! button.
See if it help and let me know.

Mike.

Did that a few times, both with all 4 DIMM's and just 1 in A1. MemOk makes the DRAM LED flash the same red color for a while, then it just goes into a bootloop doing that over and over.

fugalism wrote:
Did that a few times, both with all 4 DIMM's and just 1 in A1. MemOk makes the DRAM LED flash the same red color for a while, then it just goes into a bootloop doing that over and over.

Have you tried 1 dimm in another slot.

MikeAdu
Level 9
What is your BIOS version?Maybe you could reflash it with 3701 version using USB flashback(by inserting BIOS USB to rear USB port)?If that do not work,try this:
Can you put everything out of case,place motherboard on some surface,reseat CPU,put RAM sticks and connect PSU.Try to boot it.
Let me know.
P.S. If you have some different RAM,you could try it.

Mike.