cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q Refresh rate number stays on screen all the time

sehlat
Level 10
I just bought my Asus ROG Swift PG279Q and for the life of me, I can't get the refresh rate number to turn off. I pushed the Turbo button to try it out and ever since, it's stayed on displaying the number 60 in the upper right like a yellow neon sign. Of course it changes when I play a game, displaying the current refresh rate and even goes off when I bring up the main OSD menu, but it comes right back on once I leave the menu. I'd like the number to go away once I set it to whatever refresh rate I want. I'm afraid of it burning in the number 60 on the screen when I'm on the desktop. How do you get it to turn off, even in a game?
2 REPLIES 2

sehlat
Level 10
OK, never mind. I found out that you need to push the second button down to turn off the OSD. Duh!.

sehlat wrote:
OK, never mind. I found out that you need to push the second button down to turn off the OSD. Duh!.

lol, its funny how you had so much difficulties finding out how to turn it off, and all of a sudden you figured it out all by yourself after asking. I too came across that problem and its been kinda annoying. Anyway, was following your technique, I accidentally switched the language and there was no way for me to navigate. I then pressed reset and it all cleared. lol. NOICEEEE!
ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB74 Notebook
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
32 GB RAM
500 GB SSD HD + 1000 GB @7200RPM HD
ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27" 165Hz 2560x1440 2K 4ms Monitor
ASUS NOMAD V2 Backpack
Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speakers