cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion - corrupted sound in Chrome

Hozzdutch
Level 7
Hi folks,

I bought myself a new Rog Centurion last weekend and I've found a weird issue...

Whenever any sound is played back through chrome, I get a horrible corrupted buzzing sound, like the sound you get when an application crashes (except the app itself doesn't crash).
I have tried using IE, Edge, and Firefox and all playback ok. It's only Chrome that has the problem.
I've created a video of the problem here -
https://youtu.be/QBS6l64BFQs
This problem happens when playing back through the headset itself or using speakers attached to the base unit.
I have tried a clean reinstall of Chrome, I've disabling all addins, I've reset chrome to default.
I've moved the USB cables from my USB 3 expansion card to the motherboard USB slots but this had no affect.
Playback from Chrome using the onboard sound card is fine and doesn't give me this problem.
This problem happened with the firmware the device shipped with so I tried upgrading to the 2.0 beta firmware and same problem happens.
I'm a bit of a loss on how to fix this and I've not found any other mention on my searchers on the internet. Help?!?!
4 REPLIES 4

DemonSoul
Level 7
Finally some one!!! I have this same issue!!!!
ITS KILLING ME!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!
If you install the latest drivers its even WORSE, i had to go back on the drivers so its not that "loud" but it's still there....
i would appreciate some help about this because this is kiling my experience

Edit, ok we aint facing the same problem , but you have the same problem on the headset minut 0:20, 0.30 , when you pause the sound you can hear an "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" in the background , that happens every time you stop a music, video, after a few seconds stoping you can hear a "bzzzzz" in the background after a while it stops, if you play again and pause something same thing...

Ok, I've found my problem.
It was a hidden setting I had set in Chrome a long time ago (and then forgotten about) in an attempt to allow it to upmix to multi channels for my 5.1 speakers.

In Chrome browse to the following address -

chrome://flags/

In the search bar type in 'try'.
I had enabled the setting 'Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.'
This was causing the problem with the audio on the Centurion.
Set this to disabled, restart Chrome and Bob's your uncle.

That's for your issue that looks like the app is crashing but the problem i'm talking about isn't fixed with that

DemonSoul wrote:
That's for your issue that looks like the app is crashing but the problem i'm talking about isn't fixed with that

Hi, is there still no way for all the speakers to chrome sound? thanks I am a lover of the virtual stereo fake, and I wonder if applications like vlc or jetaudio can make all the speakers sound from a stereo signal there should be some way to do those with our super rog centurion? please even if it was with another program that intercepts the signal or similar please help me how can i make