cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Asus Tweak to automatically run a 3d profile-then go back to normal?

zion6
Level 7
Hi,
Just wanted to see if I can get ASUS Tweak to run an overclock graphic profile when I start a game etc and then revert back to default clocks when I am using it for other tasks. It seems I can manually set each one but don't want to reset each time.

Also-whats the point of having the 2d option?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

X-ROG
Level 15
GPU Tweak adjusts the driver settings so when the drivers shift the graphics card into 3D mode then it'll add the OC you apply, for example. This way you don't need to manually set the game exe in GPU Tweak as it's already done by the graphics card.

The 2D mode option is there if you want to adjust the 2D settings - make them even lower perhaps, or speeds them up if you find a unique program needs the GPU but the drivers are not tricking it into 3D mode. It's just another option just in case someone wants it.

Do I need to use Asus drivers or reference ones from Nvidia?

Also-if I am just using my PC for daily use-the GPU tweak will just run regular clocks, but when I play a game it will shift in my 3d overclocks?

If you save a profile to fit your needs for the program, game exe, or anything that your needs consist. you can simply click the profile of choice, and it will Automatically shift your GPU into the mode specified in that profile.
My Rig Title : The in Home Satellite
MOBO: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.1V
Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance kit @ 1600MHz 7-8-8-24
OS Hard Drive: 2x240GB Corsair GS SATA.III @ RAID0
Graphics Card: ASUS GTX770/DCII/OC/2GD5
PSU: Cooler Master 1000watt Semi Modular

X-ROG
Level 15
GPU Tweak adjusts works at the driver level, so when the drivers shift the graphics card into 3D mode then it'll add the OC you apply, for example. This way you don't need to manually set the game exe in GPU Tweak as it's already done by the graphics card.

The 2D mode option is there if you want to adjust the 2D settings - make them even lower perhaps, or speeds them up if you find a unique program needs the GPU but the drivers are not tricking it into 3D mode. It's just another option just in case someone wants it.