cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the CAPS-lock toggle overlay

CX_gamer
Level 7
Hi,

every time I press either CAPS-lock, scroll-lock or NUM-lock, this overlay forces itself over everything: https://i.imgur.com/Py7e8jq.png

Is this yours?

This overlay has gotten me so angry that I've had to remove the CAPS-lock key until this is resolved. The only way I can play my favorite game now is by physically removing the key.

It's not the keyboards', since it happens with multiple keyboards. If this is yours, please tell me how to destroy it.

Mobo: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
Monitor: ASUS 240 Hz 1080p nSync

Thank you in advance,

CX
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
You say it's not the keyboard, but I think it probably is.

Take a look at THIS PAGE from Logitech. Their notification exactly matches what you posted above.

If you've used multiple keyboards, were they all Logitech? And if not, do you have their software installed? If you have that software, look for an option to disable it within that software. It's not an Asus thing. I use Logitech Options, but Logitech Setpoint is required for some of their devices, and that's probably where it's coming from, according to the linked page.
Davemon50

Whoa man, many thanks! You found what I could not. I do indeed have a wireless logitech keyboard in the couch with Logitec Options installed. Thank you so much!

davemon50
Level 11
I'm glad that solved it for you. I don't use a Logitech wireless keyboard, just the mice, so that option doesn't show up for me in the software, but glad you found it.
Davemon50