cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan header help needed

Rob_W_
Level 12
As per my thread “ my R6E build” in case modding and builds section.
I have hit on a problem as per fan and pump headers on the r6e that I need advice on ?
I have a dual loop system so 2 pump connectors to molex, that’s ok.
2 rads, 3 fans on each all Pwm which I have connected to 3way Pwm splitters total per lead 0.90amps, where to connect these? ( as with start up amps would put them over the 1 amp limit on the fan headers)@Menthol
3 dc fans in the font and one rear presumably go to cha fan headers on board ? ( or splitter again?)
As many here have water loops I’m sure someone can advise the best configuration for this, as EKwb and r6e manual seem to conflict in where to place these, or just me being a bit thick ( probably yes)*
5 REPLIES 5

namoi
Level 8
Don't you have an HAMP fan header on this mobo? . It can output 3 amps (check your manual)

Rob_W_
Level 12
Yep! Me being thick, thanks.

Rob_W_
Level 12
I *think I’ve got it sorted now thanks, but for the life of me I can’t find any reference in manual to the hamp fan header amperage 3 amp.

Rob W. wrote:
I *think I’ve got it sorted now thanks, but for the life of me I can’t find any reference in manual to the hamp fan header amperage 3 amp.

It is 3 Amps, so no need to worry.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Thanks, brains back in gear now, so I’m thinking of using three way splitter with molex power to cpu fan header for Cpu rad fans ( Pwm on one)
Gpu rad fans on three way with molex ( Pwm on one) to cpu opt ? Or ( the the bit I forgot about) the fan ext card , that way I can put the three front fans on splitter to Hamp header and the rest of the case fans to normal headers individual, and from there I think fans should be sorted,
Pumps ok to pmp1 and pmp2.
**According to EKwb I can put up to eight fans on one header without overloading if molex connected so that’s good.
Still waiting for drain taps to arrive “ better be soon so I stop buying more bits for it” lol*
Thank you @Menthol for your input about the fans , made me think!*