cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q - Screen goes blank after a minute or so in bios, occasionally flickers black

santoitaliano
Level 7
Hi All,

As the title suggests, having two issues with my PG279Q. All with the latest drivers.

Running on a Strix 1080Ti, second monitor also attached (1080p75).

Issue 1:
When i boot into bios using the PG279Q after about a minute, screen goes black and needs to reset. Need to either get in/out of bios in under a minute or use my other monitor.

Issue 2:
When gaming or using PC, monitor will momentarily black out and then return to normal within a second or two.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Santo
2 REPLIES 2

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
santoitaliano wrote:
Hi All,

As the title suggests, having two issues with my PG279Q. All with the latest drivers.

Running on a Strix 1080Ti, second monitor also attached (1080p75).

Issue 1:
When i boot into bios using the PG279Q after about a minute, screen goes black and needs to reset. Need to either get in/out of bios in under a minute or use my other monitor.

Issue 2:
When gaming or using PC, monitor will momentarily black out and then return to normal within a second or two.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Santo

i have same monitor 2nd one .

i has same issue i have a vertically mounted 1080ti in my case using a pcix riser cable and for some reason when my cat would jump on top of my case from the window out side like 8 inches away shes not fat pretty light . when she would land on it my nvdia driver would crash... or i would a get a black screen and a driver reset .

i was ready to rma monitor turns out my pci riser cable to use my vertical gpu was bad or loose and my display pot on my 1080ti was a little loose kinda had some wiggle room so i replaced riser cable and used same cable the monitor came with and no issues since .

inside my asus z370 bios there is a option that says "gpu dim post " when my riser cable was bad my gpu didnt show up in my bios . and my 1080ti ran in 8x not 16 x ... replaced it and im good now no issues knock on wood .

check your bios for gpu dim post and make sure it says 16 x pci x .

IMPORTANT ONE : bios u have a option for multy monitor and main display after switching to pcix and diabling multy monitor from auto to disabled it was alot better .

unplug display port from monitor and gpu plug display port cable in another slot on your card ( could be loose like mine was )
re plug it all in do the bios changes i mentioned
test a bran new display port
test a diffrent video card
try the built in intel gpu on the cpu see if happens

report back good luck
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

santoitaliano
Level 7
New DP cable of good quality seems to have fixed it.

Thanks.