cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero X Ram

-bender-
Level 7
Hello. I have i7-8700k, Maximus Hero X bios version 0505, Ram CORSAIR Vengeance CMR16GX4M2C3466C16.
The problem is that if you set the frequency and timings from the XMP profile, it would seem all works. But, after a while the games begin to load for a long time, namely the process hangs for 50 seconds. Without freezes, the memory operates at a frequency of 3200 with timings of 18-20-20-46 and a voltage of 1.38.
13 REPLIES 13

Menthol
Level 14
bender,
If I understand your statement

With memory set to XMP you get long game load times, is this during play when loading new map or initial opening of game? Is this correct?
With memory manually set to 3200 18-20-20-46 1.38v your game load times are OK? Is this correct?

Is this your memory kit? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236190

I would recommend updating bios to latest version for security reasons if nothing else
I would set memory to Corsair rated timings of 16-18-18-36 but at 3200 Mhz not 3466 Mhz

Menthol wrote:
bender,
If I understand your statement

With memory set to XMP you get long game load times, is this during play when loading new map or initial opening of game? Is this correct?
With memory manually set to 3200 18-20-20-46 1.38v your game load times are OK? Is this correct?

Is this your memory kit? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236190

I would recommend updating bios to latest version for security reasons if nothing else
I would set memory to Corsair rated timings of 16-18-18-36 but at 3200 Mhz not 3466 Mhz

The timings and frequency are set manually without XMP. Yes, this is my memory kit. In manual mode without XMP with timings 16-18-18-36, at frequencies 3000, 3200, 3466 the problem remains. If I launch a memory with an XMP profile?

Menthol
Level 14
With memory at default speed 2133 Mhz you get no game load issues, everything works normal, only when memory is overclocked you have issue?

Menthol wrote:
With memory at default speed 2133 Mhz you get no game load issues, everything works normal, only when memory is overclocked you have issue?

Memory 2133 is no problem. I have a suspicion that the problem lies in secondary timings.

Menthol
Level 14
Have you tried using XMP setting, this should set secondaries?
Have you manually set VCCIO and VCCSA voltages?

Every CPU is different but these are suggested voltages for memory frequencies

Menthol wrote:
Have you tried using XMP setting, this should set secondaries?
Have you manually set VCCIO and VCCSA voltages?

Every CPU is different but these are suggested voltages for memory frequencies

I did not attempt to install the XMP profile. Voltages for VCCIO and VCCSA installed at 1.2 volts.

Menthol
Level 14
In my opinion you should update the bios to latest on ASUS website first
You need to decide if you want memory to run above 2133 default that you may have to make some manual changes to bios settings if XMP settings don't give you a stable system

Menthol wrote:
In my opinion you should update the bios to latest on ASUS website first
You need to decide if you want memory to run above 2133 default that you may have to make some manual changes to bios settings if XMP settings don't give you a stable system

Got it, I need to Update my BIOS. All the settings with the memory I put in manual mode, I did not include the XMP profile. Maybe me should include the XMP profile?

Menthol
Level 14
Yes sir, update bios first
I had a set of Corsair 3466 memory on a Z270 Hero IX that I had trouble running at XMP settings, if I set XMP then manually set memory frequency to 3200 instead of 3466 everything worked stable